Chapter 24

'You need to realise Arnavji. A coin has two sides. Similarly, a single situation has to be dealt only after judging the point of views of all the people involved. Considering only your side of the story, does not let you take right decisions.'
Saying this, Khushi silently left the dance floor in between leaving Arnav to ponder over her words.

Khushi was sitting at a corner isolated from the family. She wanted time for herself. She was in a situation where her heart and mind were apart. She always chose heart but this situation demanded her not to. She was battling with her own thoughts. She still could not have a proper state of mind regarding the decision that is to be taken.

'Chamkili, what are you doing here? That too alone?  And Why are you sad? Did ASR scold you? Wait I will go and thrash him for making you cry', Lavanya was about to get up when Khushi held her hand to stop.

'Arre arre Lavanyaji! Why are you getting to your own conclusions? You know me. I was just carried away.'

'No Khushi. Dont lie to me. I know you better. So tell me what is it?'

Obviously Khushi could not tell her about her issues with Arnav but she found that as the right time to clear her other doubts. Regarding Arnav and Lavanya.

'Lavanyaji, can I ask you something? You wont mind right?' Khushi had many doubts in her mind and she atleast wanted to clear the ones she had with Lavanya.

'Tell na Chamkili. See we are friends now. Why would I mind?

'Lavanyaji, you still love Arnavji?' Khushi put forth her question that was pestering her since long. After seeing Lavanya, she felt guilty for snatching her place, though not by choice.

Lavanya was dumbstruck with the question which was too unexpected at that moment. Infact she never thought in her wildest dreams that Khushi would be confronting her all these. Though at first, it surprised her, she laughed hard and said, 'Khushi, you are really mad. You know that right? Is this the reason you looked upset?But on a serious note, since you asked me, I am telling you honestly. Yes! I loved ASR once but now I dont. I have moved on Khushi. Our engagement broke because ASR was in love with YOU pagal. Not me. But I have no regrets. You both are happy. And I am sure I too will find some nice guy. Initially, I was broken. But I understood it would have done no good had we married. It would have spoiled all three of our lives. Moreover you too dint realise your love for ASR. You both were poor in that subject.'

Lavanya finished her talk, but Khushi was stuck up at one sentence.

'ASR was in love with YOU'

'Lavanyaji, because of me your engagement got cancelled? I am so sorry. I never knew this. But Arnavji was in love with me? Since then?'

'Oh come on Chamkili. Stop blaming yourself for everything. And yes ASR was in love with you since then. But he dint realise it. But I wonder, when did he actually propose you? I mean did he even propose? I heard you eloped? That was heights guys'.

'I need every detail of your love story.' She ordered, faking her stubborn nature.

Khushi smiled to her comment slightly and dismissed Lavanya saying she would tell the story later avoiding the topic.

Khushi was happy that she dint snatch Lavanya's place and even she had moved on. Lavanya had no grudges on her. That was a good sign. Whether she stays with Arnav or not, she was happy that she would be devoid of the guilt. She prayed to her DM to send a nice guy for Lavanya as she too deserved to be happy.

The moment she prayed, NK appeared in front of them and said, 'Hey beautiful lady, will you dance with me?' He asked facing Lavanya. She inturn asked, 'Who are you?'