Chapter 7

He immediately rushed towards Akash's room and knocked the door. After three knocks, the door was opened by Payal.

'Arnavji, aap? Iss waqt? Yahaan? Koi kaam hai Akash ke saath? (Arnavji, you? At this hour? You have some work with Akash?)', asked Payal. That was when Akash came behind Payal asking her who it was. He was stunned to see Arnav there at this hour. Usually his Bhai doesnt disturb him at this late hour of the night unless it was something serious. He frowned and asked, 'Bhai? Is anything important? Otherwise you dont come yourself at this hour', enquired Akash.

Arnav wanted to speak to Payal but Akash? Will he believe him? But then he had to share this with him too as Payal was his wife and she might need Akash as her support. He wondered why Payal never told Akash about Shyam's truth. May be the same reasons that Khushi had. Leaving all those thoughts aside, he asked, 'I need to tell you something important. Can we talk inside?'

'Ofcourse Bhai!' said Akash welcoming Arnav inside the room.

Payal moved aside towards the door telling them that she would be in the living room till their talks were over.

Arnav immediately said, 'No Payal. I want to talk to you both. Not just Akash'.

Payal frowned hearing it but nevertheless gave up and sat beside Akash on the bed while Arnav took the couch in front of the bed.
Arnav started, 'I really dont know what to tell you and from where should I start but I wanted you two to know that Di is in danger now'.

That was a bomb dropped by Arnav on Payash. Akash was clueless as to why his Bhai was talking irrelevant.

Arnav moved his eyes from Akash towards Payal and asked, 'Payal you know Shyam before marriage right?'

That question from Arnav brought sweat beads on Payal's forehead and also her heart started thudding loudly. She dint know what to answer him. She had promised her mother that she wont reveal it. But seems now she had no choice.

Arnav sensing her fear told her, 'Payal, dont be stressed. I know everything about Shyam and I just want to know whether you are okay with it if I share with Akash in your presence or you would be telling him'

Payal couldnt think anything further as an unknown fear clouded her mind as to what reaction will Akash give listening to the truth and how will he accept her hiding things from him. She had no choice. She gestured Arnav to continue.

After her permission, Arnav continued telling everything right from the moment Shyam met the Gupta family till the incident happened on their wedding including him threatening Khushi to marry him using Payash's marriage as bait and also the actual truth he came to know today. He even mentioned about Khushi's reaction to his apology.

All this while, Akash was bewildered at first to know about Shyam's true colors but later he was very angry on Arnav as he thought that he would surrender to his Bhai by stopping the wedding when he truly loves Payal. Payal! She knew everything but she dint feel like revealing to him? Why? Where did he go wrong? Where did he make a mistake for her not to trust him? thought a disappointed Akash.

One look at Akash, and Payal knew that she has a lot to explain. But right now Arnav mentioning about the threat to Di caught their attention. Arnav made it clear why Shyam needs Di out of his way. Just for her property! Now its not only Di that he had to protect but also the unborn child in her womb. He knew Shyam can go to any limits for achieving his goal.

Payal couldnt help than to blast Arnav and  asked sternly, 'What about my sister? You took advantage of her weakness for the sake of your sister. We all thought you really loved her but NO! You were just playing with her life! How can you do this Arnavji? And we like a fool mistook her sacrifice. We accused her for the eloped marriage. I know ASR never considers the feelings of others but for family you are Arnav and you care about them. Then what about Khushi? Why did you do such an injustice to her? Had she not gone through a lot that now she had to endure this too? Poor child, she was not in a state to share her sorrows and on top of that, we were angry for no mistake of hers. I could not see the pain my sister went through being in the same house. How inconsiderate of me. She did everything in her power to keep me happy and I happily ignored the pain she was enduring', broke down Payal holding the side of the bed for support.

Akash immediately rushed to her and helped her get up and threw an angry glare at Arnav. Yes! Akash was angry at Arnav for ruining a girl's life for a stupid misunderstanding. Arnav's eyes filled with tears as he saw his little brother being angry on him. This was the first ever time he saw him being so much angry. He could see a Jiju worried for her Saali rather than a little brother supporting his Bhai in front of him.

Answering to Payal's questions, Arnav said, 'I know I made a mistake. I am sorry Payal for making Khushi go through so much. But I truly truly love her and I want her back in my life. I dont consider the contract anymore between us. But before I say this to her I want her forgiveness. Only then I will be able to move on in life with her. She needs time and I accept her decision. Please never think that Khushi means nothing to me. She means everything to me. She is my life. Please Payal, try to forgive me. I will make sure that Khushi doesnt suffer anymore in her life. I will give her everything that she deserves. But I just cant live without her', said Arnav with his pleading eyes to Payal.

Arnav dint know that whatever he was telling or begging to Payal was a waste because he must be telling all those to Khushi. Only she had the right to take any decision about their future. Par bechara! Khud toota hua hai. Usko pata hi nahin ki gham mein kisse kya baat kar raha hai! (Poor soul! He is broken. He doesnt even know what he is speaking to whom in his sorrow) May be he wanted Payal to forgive him because it was her sister whom he wronged.

Seeing Arnav in such a vulnerable state, both Akash and Payal stood bewildered. Arnav pleading for forgiveness was another shock to them. Payal always knew him as an arrogant person who writes his own destiny. But seeing him like this, she melted down and calmed herself preventing another outburst on him. This man's vulnerable self itself proved how much he loves Khushi. Payal composed herself as quickly as possible. She knew Khushi too loved Arnav. But she wasnt sure whether she still loves him after all the revelations. If she had understood her sister well enough, then she knew Khushi was not the person to hate someone just because of an incident. She is a sweetheart. She will love Arnav inspite of all these. If it was so, then she was ready to play a cupid for them to patch up soon and lead a happy life. If Khushi dint want Arnav in her life anymore, then as an elder sister she would provide her full support to Khushi. In either way, she needs only Khushi's happiness. But her heart went out to Arnav who desperately wanted Khushi back in his life. Being the most matured and understanding person, she knew it was time she takes few matters in her hands to bring the love birds close. She appreciated the way Arnav handled the situation. Leaving his arrogant self, he bent down to ask for forgiveness from Khushi and also from them. That moment she knew Arnav was not someone who appears to be, he is totally a different person from inside. And she liked this Arnav. She wanted to support him in this battle. On one side, he is bound to protect his Di and on the other, his love is at stake. Though he was the only one responsible for all the mishap, she couldnt blame him completely. Mistake was on their side too. They should have atleast told him about Shyam. He just protected his Di from breaking down. As a brother he did what he felt was right.

Even after knowing that Shyam and Khushi are together, Arnav could have easily destroyed Khushi. But he dint. He married her because he still loves her. He couldnt tolerate the betrayal from a loved one. So even if Arnav was wrong, he was right too. If a person could do so much for his Di, just imagine what would he do for his wife! That surely brought a smile on Payal's lips knowing how lucky her sister is to get such a husband. Her respect for Arnav grew more. And she silently prayed to her favourite god to clear every single hurdle between Arshi and unite them soon. Thus Payal became a silent supporter to Arnav.

What do you guys think about Payal's thoughts about Arnav? Should she forgive him?

Leave in your votes and comments!

I have posted a short poem on Arshi... Arshi forever ❤️. please have a look and give your valuable comments on it too!!!

Thank you for the support!
Love,
Shwetha