Chapter 44

Arnav looked at himself in the mirror, his hair perfectly gelled and set, and him struggling with the buttons of his Dark blue Sherwani, that Khushi had forced him to wear for the wedding. As a good husband, he could not deny her too.

'This piece of cloth will definitely strangle me', he muttered, irritated at his inability to handle the dress.

'Need some help?' He heard Payal at his door with a Puja plate in her hand.

'Yeah, this button seems stuck', Arnav said, his attention shifting back to his Sherwani.

She walked towards him, keeping the plate on the sidetable, pushed the button right into its place.

'Its done', she smiled at him.

'I see someone has taken Di's work seriously?' Arnav arched his eyebrows hinting at the Puja plate.

Payal smiled totally understanding his statement. She performed the Aarti as Anjali did everytime and applied the Tika.

'Where is Di?' He asked finally after patiently waiting for her to finish.

'She has gone to Lakshmi Nagar to perform the same with Khushi', she replied taking her seat on the recliner.

Arnav, as a dutiful brother-in-law, handed her a glass of water and checked himself in the mirror.

'Payal, which one will suit Bhai?' Akash entered carrying two Pagdis on his hands.

'What the?' Arnav exclaimed, bewildered. Was he supposed to wear that too? Like really? He wished not.

Payal pointed to the Navy blue one that was a perfect match to Arnav's sherwani.

'I am not wearing this', Arnav affirmed.

'Thats not even an option Arnavji. So dont fuss', Payal dismissed him while a wide mouthed Arnav stood staring at her. When did she become so bold? Well, very recently. He had the answer.

'Akash, please make him wear it and come down. We have many things to do', Payal told her husband and left the room.

'Bhai', Akash called out nervously, very well knowing that his Bhai was not fond of these.

'I am not wearing that Akash. Is that clear?' Arnav tried to threaten his brother, but he did not know that his brother was no more afraid of his silly denials.

'I think you must tell that to her', Akash handed over his phone to Arnav, which was on a call with Khushi.

Arnav reluctantly answered, already accepting defeat, knowing very well that his antics wont work anymore, and did not miss to glare at this brother.

'Arnavji, I know you would make a fuss about wearing that Pagdi. But I wont force you. Its your choice', Khushi said at the other end, taking Arnav by surprise.

'Thanks Khushi', he smiled, smirking at his brother and dropped the call.

*****************

The wedding venue

There were not many guests except very close ones of the Guptas and the Raizadas as the family wished to keep it a private affair. First wedding was already witnessed by many and they did not want to attract people for the second.

'Khushi, you look beautiful', Lavanya exclaimed at a dressed up Khushi.

'Yeah, Chote will be flattered', Anjali joined them.

Khushi raised from her seat and hugged Anjali. 'Thanks Di. Thanks for forgiving Arnavji', she thanked her wholeheartedly.

Anjali was not surprised that Khushi knew about it. After all her Chote had totally turned out to be a lover boy.