Chapter 43

Arnav's haldi was done successfully with loads of fun, and the Raizadas headed to Gupta house for Khushi's haldi, as per the tradition that the groom's haldi had to be applied on the bride. Arnav insisted to join them, only to get denied. Again the tradition that the bride and the groom should not meet after the haldi ceremony.

'Nannav mere bhai!' NK patted Arnav's shoulders who stood by the poolside garden, sulking. 'Khushiji ke khayaal mein khoye hue ho?'   (Lost in Khushi's thoughts?)

'You dint go along with them?' Arnav asked NK and Lavanya who were busy eating their ice creams, amused.

'Thought to give you some company', Lavanya shrugged taking her seat on the poolside chair.

Arnav nodded simply before something stuck him. 'By the way, I am noticing, is something happening between you two?'

Lavanya shied away while NK just scratched his head, smiling.

'Lavanya, I am warning you. Better stay away from this irritating monkey', Arnav teased while NK stared angrily at him.

Lavanya and Arnav could not stop laughing at his reactions before she cleared it out. 'Arre, he is just teasing you', she told NK, who resumed his smile back, almost instantly.

'On a serious note, are you two sure?' Arnav inquired as the two nodded a yes vigorously.

He smiled and wished them genuinely. 'In that case, I am happy. I wish you both have a pretty good happy life'.

'Thank you Nannav!' NK lunged onto Arnav, creating it awkward for the great ASR. But as a brother, he gently patted his back, happy for the couple, passing a soft smile to Lavanya.

'Nannav! I have an idea! Why dont you meet Khushiji secretly?'

Lavanya rolled her eyes at NK. 'Its considered a bad omen if the bride and the groom meet after haldi.'

'Not bad Lavanya! Seems like you turned into a complete Indian bahu', Arnav teased her raising his brows.

'Khushi's nature rubbed off on me', she replied shrugging with her dazzling dimple smile.

'Totally', Arnav agreed to her.

'Nannav! There is still time for the ceremony to start. Why dont you meet Khushiji before that? That way, you would not break the rules', NK suggested, not leaving the idea of a secret meeting between his cousin and his best friend.

'Why are you so curious by the way, while ASR himself is convinced?' Lavanya questioned her boyfriend.

NK gave a sly smile before replying. 'So that Nannav will be considerate towards us during our wedding'.

While Lavanya blushed at his words, Arnav smirked. He understood how serious the two were.

'I wish I could. But I think its too risky. I am sure Di will be disappointed if she gets to know', Arnav expressed his concern.

'Oh come on ASR. Since when did you start being afraid of all these? You were always ready for the challenge. Why not now? We will make sure that you meet your Khushi secretly. Trust us', Lavanya chided, all set for the mission.

Arnav thought for a while, his mind and heart urging him to see Khushi. And he could not deny the two who were very eager to help him. Even if he was caught, he had two for his support. It was a win-win situation.

'Fine', he agreed, getting up ready to have a glance of his would be wife.

Gupta house

The trio heard chaos in Gupta house, standing by Khushi's window, exactly what they expected. Well, weddings bring along with them lots and lots of noise.