Chapter 27

The others sighed in relief that she was out of danger. While Arnav, Khushi and Akash were rejoicing, NK slumped into the couch with a thud. He had fresh tears on his face. He was crying with his face in between his hands.

Arnav noticed him and patted his shoulder. He sat near him and said, 'Its okay NK. You did your best to save them. Some things are not in our hands. That Shyam was very clever this time. He somehow managed to do this surpassing our private detectives. Infact more than the men I hired, yours did a great job.'

'No, I failed to protect you all from this accident. I just lost my track. I forgot that you guys needed me more. I went out with Lavanya. I am sorry Arnav', cried NK.

Arnav just held his face in his hands and said, 'Dont be sorry. You did something that no one of us dared to. You risked your life for us. And I thought you were immature. But you showed me how wrong I was. I am proud of you.' Arnav gave a proud smile to NK.

Overwhelmed, NK hugged Arnav to his might. 'Still I am sorry Arnav, I am really sorry. I tried my best but I failed', NK was still feeling guilty.

'Shh.. its okay. Please let it go. They are safe. We all are safe.' Arnav tried his best to console his brother, rubbing his hands on NK's back.

After a while, NK withdrew from their hug, and asked Arnav, 'So you knew I was the one behind? You knew it but did not question me! Why?' NK had many questions.

Arnav replied with a smirk, 'The same reason why you did not want us to know'.

'But how did you? I mean.. how did you know?' NK again asked confused.

'Mere bhai, may be you are forgetting that I am ASR afterall', replied Arnav with a huge grin.

Listening to their conversation, Khushi and Akash jumped beside them to clear their doubts.

'One minute, you mean to say NK was the one alerting us?' Asked Akash not at all believing that his cousin was so much capable.

'Yes' replied Arnav curtly.

'What? How? Nanhe ji, why dint you let us know?' Khushi chided.

'Actually NK, I too need answers from you.' Said Arnav sternly. Turning to Khushi and Akash, he said 'we will get our answers later. But right now, lets see Payal. All other things can wait.'

Nodding, everyone left to the room Payal was in.

Payal was resting in her room, when all the four barged in. Akash rushed to Payal's side and held her hand.

'Payal, you okay?'

Payal tried getting up, when Akash helped her by adjusting her pillows. Khushi crouched to Payal's other side and shed her tears she was controlling since long.

'Pagli, I am fine now. Why are you crying?' She asked.

'I was afraid Jiji. What if something had happened to you?'

'But nothing happened right? Now stop crying', she showed her fake anger and wiped her sister's moist eyes.

She looked up at Arnav and assured that she was fine. But she was surprised to find NK with them.

'NK bhai? You here?' She asked.

'We can discuss that later. First tell me, how are you? Are you having any pain?' Akash again asked.

'I am fine Akash. Believe me. We both are fine.' She answered calmly knowing how worried he would be, placing her hands on her belly.

'But I need to know what is NK bhai doing here?' She asked frowning.