Chapter 31

The same night, Anjali's room:

Anjali woke up from her peaceful sleep to quench her thirst, only to notice that her husband was missing next to her. It had become a routine for her nowadays and ignored it because she knew sooner or later, he would return. So she thought of going back to her sleep when she heard her husband talking, probably over the phone, in fact yelling at someone. She reached him skeptically, not exactly knowing how he would react, because these days he was unpredictable. Long gone was the sweet and caring Shyamji she knew. These days she was witnessing a new side of her husband but she never made an issue out of it thinking it to be his work pressure! Afterall her Chote also had a habit of yelling at people if the work is not done properly! She was kind of used to it.

Still she reached her husband, to comfort him if he was really worried about something. But the conversation he had made her stop few steps behind him and listen rather than alerting him by her presence.

'I know its really important for us to export them Raj. But I am helpless. I can give you the material in the morning, but not at the time you want it to be delivered. Its my wife's Godhbharai and I am not allowed to step out.' He scowled.

After a long pause, he stated, 'Fine. Meet me at the Raizada Mansion, sharp at 7 in the evening. Just give me a call when you reach and I shall come outside and handover. But make sure that this news does not get leaked out. I want no mistake.'

Again after a pause, he further stated, 'Yes, it is safe with me. Lets just hope that our deal gets successful. I cant bear another loss'. He sighed in frustration.

After finishing his call, he turned out with his face still annoyed, only to find his wife staring at him. He quickly composed himself and questioned, 'Rani Sahiba! Shouldn't you be asleep? What are you doing here?'

'I just woke up to drink some water when I heard you shouting over the phone. I was just concerned', she honestly admitted.

'Oh its nothing! Just a case that has been bothering me since long', he replied nonchalantly.

'Is everything fine Shyamji? I heard you saying you cant bear another loss. Is there anything I should know?' She again poked.

'No no. Its nothing. I can handle it all. I just dont need you to worry.' Shyam again gave his deceiving smile.

Anjali, though not satisfied with his answers, she still obliged and retired to get some sleep which she badly needed. Nowadays her doubts just increased and she badly wished for some answers for the different behaviour of her husband.

Arnav's room:

'Nanheji? Is everything alright?' Khushi asked him concerned.

'For now, yes! But I am really worried about what is going to happen tomorrow. Shyam is not the one to sit idle, how are we going to expose him in front of Di? And it seems that he is all set to import the drug he has saved at home.' NK informed.

Arnav let out an exasperated sigh before continuing, 'I cannot believe, I was feeding a criminal all these days. And on top of that, there are illegal drugs in my house.' He gritted his teeth letting out a frustrated groan.

Khushi gently squeezed Arnav's shoulders providing him strength.

'Why dont we just inform the police and ask them to raid our house?' NK queried.

'No! Shyam is too intelligent that he can easily dodge the complaint.' Khushi disagreed.

'She is right. Moreover, this is too risky, as the blame might go on any inhabitants of Raizada Mansion', Arnav explained.