13

In the mansion, Trisha is writing in her diary.

Trisha: I completed my first mission with the Supers....it was awesome....saw Dr. Genesis in the flesh...guy's definitely out of his mind. Somehow my troubles with the Purifiers don't seem to bother me as much anymore...seeing as I have superpowers now....(laughs) I think I'm starting to feel like a superhero....in a way...you should've seen me, Mom....I think you'd be proud...

In the brig, Snake-Bite sits in his cell, before looking into the camera and flipping off John, Eva, Charles and James on the other end.

James: (scoffs) Cocky little shit...(to John) you been able to get anything out of him, Dad?

John: So far from what we've known, Adrian wanted this one's mind kept clean from whatever it is he is planning.

James: Don't worry...we'll eventually stop him.

John: Right....Charles, if you would, I'd like you to tweak the Chronicle's core.

Charles: got you, John.

John and Charles leave, before Meanwhile, in the brig, Snake-Bite is sitting in his cell, when he suddenly turns to notice Trisha.

Snake-Bite: How you doin, little girl? You come to talk to me?

Trisha: I don't know if I should...

Snake-Bite: come on now.....I don't bite....what's wrong? Are you afraid of how I look?

Trisha: No....I'm not..

Snake-Bite: Good...you have nothing to be afraid of, little girl....you and me...we the same...

Trisha: We are not the same....I don't kill humans or Enhumans...

Snake-Bite: Yeah, but how long do you think that'll last? Because it won't last long.....your little playboy leader....he'll eventually get sick or die....or realize you can't save em all.

Trisha: What's your name?

Snake-Bite: Andre Morgan....but they call me Snake-Bite because of my appearance.

Trisha: Andre, why do you put up with the Purifiers?

Snake-Bite: Because Genesis took me in when everyone else turned their backs on me....they're my family and I'm stuck with em for life...

Trisha: but they weren't there for you at the plant...they left you...you could help us...you could leave them...maybe....join the Supers..

Snake-Bite: (laughs) Hell, you haven't been an Enhuman long have you? it's a war, girl.....and when that war starts, I'm going to be on the side that ones, not the side that sings kumbaya and holds hands....tell you what; you open the cell and maybe I'll reconsider...

Trisha: There's no way in hell I'm letting you out....What does the Purifiers want with me?

Snake-Bite: I just joined them...you think I would know?

Trisha: You know; if you told me something, I can maybe talk to Mr. Parker about letting you out for a few hours.

Snake-Bite: In that case, wanted you for some plans...for something.....I know she was pissed when she couldn't get you...that's really all I now.

Trisha: I'm leaving. I'm sure there's other things I should be doing.....

Snake-Bite: Do talk to Mr. Parker. See if he can find it in his heart to let me free.

As Trisha is walking down the hall, James calls to her.

James: Trisha! Hey!

Trisha: Yeah?

James: I was watching the surveillance footage and I didn't mean to spy, but I saw you were talking with Snake-Bite...

Trisha: Oh....uh...I was just trying to get him to tell me what the Purifiers are doing....I'm sorry...it won't happen again.

James: You're not in trouble...don't worry....it's okay if you talk to him, but just be careful, he can be sneaky sometimes......Listen....don't tell Eva, but my Dad, Dominic and I are going to gone for a while.

Trisha: Why? Where are you going?

James: Can't say....

Trisha: Well, if you're gone, who will be in charge?

James: Arianna will lead in my absence.

Trisha: Maybe you'll need someone with you.

James: You would be handy, but no....this is something I have to do alone.

Trisha: Okay....be careful, James...

Trisha walks into the briefing room to find Dominic on the computer.

Trisha: Dominic?

Dominic: (startled) Oh, hey, Trisha! I didn't know anyone was in here.

Trisha: Sorry...I didn't mean to scare you...what are you up to?

Dominic: Oh, nothing...just lending James a hand in his search.

Trisha: Search?

Dominic: We trying to figure how Scarlett discovered the location of Genesis.

Trisha: Yeah, right...any luck?

Dominic: no...but we did manage to find one little piece of evidence?

Trisha: Which would be?

Dominic: I think someone may be leaking information from Parker Tower to the Purifiers.....or possibly the military.

Trisha: the military hates Enhumans. Why would they do it?

Dominic: Exactly. Which leads to my other solution? Possibly one of the team.

Trisha: What? But that doesn't make any sense; why would one of the Supers side with the Purifiers?

Dominic: I guess some of Mr. Parker's teachings can't be taught....like with Scarlett, who was once a Super.

Trisha: Scarlett was a Super?

Dominic: You didn't know? Scarlett was one of us a long time ago, but Genesis got into her mind and turned him against us...

In the lair of the Purifiers, Scarlett sits in her quarters before Genesis approaches her.

Genesis: Something troubling you, daughter?

Scarlett: No....no....

Genesis: You seem conflicted. Like something's on your mind. You haven't gone soft since my absence, have you?

Scarlett: No...I know what John is....he's so hellbent with mixing humans with Enhumans.

Genesis: So were you once...one of his students.

Scarlett: that's before I realized what the humans are capable of....what they've done to our kind....they've exiled us....persecuted us...we'll show them how wrong they are, father.

Genesis approaches Dominic.

Genesis: and we will....