Stalker

Trigger warning: Mild Harassment (Not Sexual)

A/N: As a victim of sexual harassment and bullying, I do not take this issue lightly. I wanted to include this in the book because it fit with the storyline and I hoped to spread awareness as well. Sexual harassment is a real thing that I, as a victim of it, have dealt with in real life, and it is a terrible thing. If you are being harassed, remember you are not alone and the best thing to do is to talk to someone you trust.

*Bella's Point Of View*

As a new day comes, the events of the Yule Ball last night are still fresh in my mind. I still clearly remember the look on Draco's face when I broke up with him... and the impact of my hand striking him across the face... and dancing with Ron. As I'm on my way to Charms class, I get the odd feeling like someone is watching me. I look around but don't see anyone. Pushing aside my nervous thoughts, I continue on my way. Before I can even step foot in my Charms room, someone tackles me! I scream and fall to the floor.

"Shh," a voice says. I roll over and see Draco leaning over me. I open my mouth to scream again, but he leans in and kisses me! Gasping, I push him away. He says, "Bella, I'm not going to hurt you. I just had to see you. I needed you in my arms again."

"Draco, you're not my boyfriend anymore! I broke up with you. You can't just randomly tackle me and kiss me! Why were you following me anyway?" I snap.

"I told you I'll always love you, Bella. I'm not going to give up on you this easily. I won't stop until I make you mine again," Draco replies. "You've given me no choice but to stalk you until you take me back."

"That's messed-up!" I hiss. "Now... get off me!" I push against him, but he doesn't move.

"I'm not going anywhere," Draco says with a sly smirk.

"You're insane," I gasp. "You can't do this without my consent! You can't just kiss me-"

"I can and I will," Draco says firmly. He smirks as he leans forward and kisses me. I try to squirm away, but he doesn't let me. I try to push him, but he doesn't move. Finally, after a while, he lets me up.

"I'm late for Charms," I say as I stand up. Tears are rolling down my face.

"Oh, don't cry, love," Draco murmurs, reaching out to touch his hand to the side of my face.

"Don't touch me!" I snap. "Leave me alone!" I turn and run into my Charms class. Surprisingly, Draco doesn't chase after me. And thankfully, Professor Flitwick doesn't seem to notice I am late.

"Bella?" Ron whispers when I throw myself into the seat beside him. He leans close to me with concern in his eyes. "What happened?"

"Draco won't leave me alone. He grabbed me and... kissed me. I didn't want him to, but he did it anyway. He said... he said he has to stalk me because he thinks it will eventually get me to come back," I say through tears. 

"Oh, Bella," Ron sighs, pulling me close in his arms. I sob against his chest, and he rubs my back comfortingly as he says, "I'm so sorry."

"I don't know what to do about him. About Draco, I mean," I mumble as I finally pull out of his embrace.

"I can beat him up for you, if you want me to," Ron says fiercely. His face is hard with anger. 

"No," I say. "Don't hurt him. As much as I'd like you to, just don't. I just wish there was a way to get him to leave me be."

"Hmm," Ron says. "I don't know what to do about that, but maybe I can come up with an idea. Something to keep Draco away..."