Chapter 1

"You really are the worst witch" the taunting voice of Miss Hardbroom rang through my head as I gave my mum one final goodbye. The ceremony was beautiful even if it was a short send off. But mum would have defiantly liked it. Now though, I have to find my sister and let her know what's happened. And it's also time for me to meet my father. I was nervous of course since it would be the first time but I have no where else to turn to. After all I don't want to go into the system when I'll legally be an adult in less than a year. It was an accident really. Meeting my sister that is. We met in a book shop something we have in common, reading. I was trying to reach for a book when she accidentally bumped into me. It was like looking into a mirror when we came face to face. That was two years ago and both parents never suspected about our continued meetings.

Summer would end in a few weeks and I was not ready. So many things have happened and I don't think I'll be able to face the disappointment of Miss Hardbrooms gaze. Concentrating hard I thought of the person I wanted to see. Off course it didn't work straight away so I tried again. This time relaxing a little and it was a more successful turn out. When I transitioned to who knows where I didn't have a smooth landing as I found myself laying on the ground with a leg in the air. I think I may have knocked a few things down. I groaned in pain before slowly getting back on my feet. Looking around I was confused when I found myself in a classroom. This can't be the right. It's summer time, I must have messed up. Nothing new there. Can't even do simple magic. At least Miss Hardbroom isn't here to comment on it.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" a deep and intimidating voice beamed. Turning around I was met with a man with dark hair that reached to about his shoulders. He wore all black which reminded me slightly of Miss Hardbroom. Maybe they're related. I ignored him as I saw my sister standing behind him "Fluer" I cried out and went to hug her. It got her by surprise as it took a few seconds for her to register who I was "Freya what are you doing here?" she began to ask "how did you find me?" I frowned as I let go of the hug "we need to talk" I managed to get out "in private" I said looking over at the broody man standing beside us "of course just give me a minute" she said before turning away and taking the man with her. Probably explaining who I was. She finally came back after the man exited the room "we can sit over here" she pointed to one of the desks near the front of the room "are you sure. I mean wouldn't you like somewhere more comfortable?" I asked. She smiled and shook her head. Here I go then "it's mother. She dead" Fluer didn't say anything and it began to worry me after a few minutes passed "what? How? I mean what happened?" she questioned "I'm not sure no one will tell me anything" I said. She leant in and hugged me "I'm sorry. I wish I got to met her" she said as the tears slowly began to fall "That's the other thing. I need a place to stay or else social services will get involved" she understood what I meant. I cried for who knows how long and my sister stayed by my side until I calmed down. "Freya don't think I'm crazy when I ask you this but are you a witch?" I was taken about by her question until I realised I didn't explain how I got here "would I be crazy if I said yes" I said waiting for a reaction "no, I'm a witch to" she smiled. We both just looked at each other before bursting into fits of laughter "come, I would like you to met someone" She said. I think I had an idea who it was. Fluer and I had many conversations about crushes and when she told me she liked one of her teachers I was happy to see her happy so I told her if she liked him that much she should tell him. Teacher or not.

She was overjoyed that I didn't judge her about it " Freya this is Severus' she said as we stopped in front of him. He looked down on me with a hard glare. I stuck my hand out for him to shake which surprisingly he took "I'm Freya it's nice to meet you" I knew Miss Cackle and Miss Hardbroom would not approve of my greeting as it wasn't the proper witch's way to say hello. But I'm not from the witching world and old habits are hard to get rid of "yes I've heard about you" his deep voice came although he didn't take me hand instead just kept eyeing me. I dropped my hand not knowing what else to say, it was a bit awkward "Severus, I need to go home in a few days with Freya. Things are not ok" my sister began "what do you mean. You said you'll be going home the week before the school term begins" he commented. Fluer looking over at me and I nod my head knowing what she wanted to ask "it'd our mother, she passed away. Freya needs a place to stay so she'll be meeting our father" she said making her way back to my side. She took one of my hands reassuring me "but right now I think it best that she stays here with us. Just until she settles down and clears her head" a smile so small formed on my lips as I listened to her.