Chapter 2

“come on it’s not that hard” my sister said as I tried to command my broom for nearly the hundredth time. Groaning in frustration I finally gave up “you can do it. I know you can” Fluer said as she come to join me on the grass “but we’ve been doing this for days and no success” I said “then there must be something that’s stopping you” again I sighed “well the truth is I’m afraid of heights but I don’t understand why that would have anything to do with it” a broad smile crossed her lips “why didn’t you say that from the beginning” I looked at her confused before she stood up and stuck out her hand for me to take “there’s a potion we can make to help you get rid of those fears” she said as I took her hand “come lets go make it" I followed her into the study room were many books were lined up on bookshelves and many were scattered on the desk. I don’t know how long I zoned out until I heard Fluer talking “it’s an easy potion really but you just need the patients to make it” she said as she added the last ingredient.

After taking the potion I felt so much better. Instead of being scared of heights I couldn’t wait to try out the broom. I never really flew unless I had to and even then I wasn’t the best “now remember to have a good posture whilst flying” I rolled my eyes at my sister as I mounted myself onto the broom “I’m not completely thick you know” slightly hovering I slowly lifted my feet from the ground. I began to fly around the area of the garden.

I didn’t realise how fun this was it made me wish I mentioned this sooner. After going around the garden a few times I began to descend back on the ground “that was amazing” I exclaimed as I got of the broom “it was almost perfect. You just seem to have trouble controlling the broom when your turning” of course she had to say that. It was like she became a different person when she was teaching me things.  We practiced for nearly the rest of the day and I still couldn’t get the hand of turning without nearly falling off.

The next morning I awoke from a bad dream. It was hard to explain or understand what it meant but I just shruggled it of I continued with my day. I made my way downstairs not knowing if anyone else was up until I entered the kitchen “hey Freya were going to Diagon Alley today. You should join us before you leave  it’ll be fun, you’ll love it" my dad said  as he put his cup and plate into the sink. I gave him a smile “that would be nice” I said as I went to start making myself breakfast “I heard that a new book is out on magical creatures. Apparently it’s meant to be the best thing on the market for years" dad said as he started to help me.

It was one of the things we had in common “well I’ve only learnt a little bit about magically creatures but I do say it is an interesting topic. All I have I my familiar Snowshine" I said “A witch is only supposed to have a black cat as there familiar but Snowshine was unfortunately the runt of the litter being born white” I told him “it must be a special moment for a witch at you academy? Dad asked “I was excited but since I didn’t grow up with magic it was hard fitting in but snowshine helped me “ I smiled thinking of the cat who was residing at Miss Cackles Academy.

Unfortunately I couldn’t have cats at home but miss cackle was kind in allowing her to stay “you remind me a lot of myself when I was your age. Your grandparents are going to love that” he said “can we keep it as a surprise though. I’ll be home at Christmas time so we can do it then” father’s smile widened “of course it’ll be the best Christmas present they’ll have. The whole family will be here as well" I quickly finished my breakfast and made my way upstairs to get ready before standing in front of the fireplace that would take us to Diagon Alley.

The place was beautiful with it’s many colours and interesting shops “let’s go in here first so I can get my robes fitted. Maybe you can get a few as well" my sister spoke. We agreed and entered the little shop that had beautiful robes lined up on racks. The lady took my sister and started taking her measurements as I began to look around the shop.

After a few minutes I stopped in my tracts where I came across a gorgeous dark green fabric. Running my hand over it I then picked it up and placed it against myself as I looked in the mirror “it suits you” I quickly turned around to see a young boy with brownish hair and Gray eyes. He had a toothy grin and I began to wonder where the boys parents were as he sat on the ground “well thank you little man" I said smiling “I’m Oliver" he said “well it’s nice to meet you Oliver. My name’s Freya” I said crouched down to his level “were are  you parents you shouldn’t b here all alone” I asked “they’re talking to the owner” he said. I moved towards were I could see my sister and see a young couple talking to the women that took her measurements “come on you don’t want to worry them” I said as I stuck my hand out for him to take.

“ah Freya we were wondering were you disappeared to” my father said “sorry I was just looking around” I said “why don’t you go to your parents” I said to the boy as I put him in there direction before walking over to my dad “What’s that?” he asked referring to the fabric in my hands “just something that caught my fancy" I said “the colour suits you very well, you should see what Madam Malkin can make out of it for you” he said.

It was long later that Fluer was finished with her fittings “ oh I see there’s two off you now" exclaimed the lady that I assumed was madam Malkin “yes although this young lady would like some robes for outside of school" my father said “of course come this way dear” she took the fabric from my hands and motioned me to take my place on the pedestal. It didn’t take long of course, with magic and all. Leaving the shop we made our way down the alley that still had me in awe.

“let’s go in here” Fluer said pulling me to a shop I didn’t know the name off “were are we?” I asked. She didn’t answer as we stopped confront of the counter “ah Fluer is see there’s two of you?” said an older man begin the desk “yes sir, this is my twin sister Freya. She’s here to get her first wand" I looked horrified in the direction of my sister “Fluer” I pretty much yelled “don’t worry, they will never find out. After all you’ll be registered under the ministry of magic” she said “but what if they find out. I’m breaking the witch’s code" I said “fine. Don’t take it with you. When your at school leave it at home then during the holidays we can teach you our spells” she replied back. I finally agreed with what she was staying and turned back to the older man.

Mr Olivander told me that he’s never seen the likes of me before. I’ve went through all the wands shelved in the shop “I wander” Mr olivander said look I g down at me before heading into the back again. He came back shortly after “try this" he said handing me the wand. The wand was different compared to the others found in the shop. The handle has tiny stars engraved in at and a half moon carved at the end. The dark wood almost looked black but you could tell it wasn’t.

Mr olivander watched me as I flicked my wand. The sparks came and a smile spread across his face “ congratulations. This is a very special wand. One of a kind I say” he began. He leaned over “this wand just appeared out of the blue one day many years ago. I found it laying on my desk with a note saying the the beholder of the wand will achieve great things with it” I stared at awe at it. I turned towards him again “you are one extraordinary witch little one" Mr Olivander said. My dad asked how much it was but Mr Olivander said it didn’t cost anything. I smiled at him before leaving the shop and heading of to whatever else was needed.