Chapter 16

It's been three days. Three days since the flying incident. Her fever was quite high and her night gown clung to her body. Every minute I got I spent time looking after her. The cries of pain made my heart ache as I couldn't do anything to help ease it. It was tempting, to make the dosage stronger but I knew the potion was addictive and that was something I didn't want for Freya. Rining out the cloth I placed it on her forehead then went to change the water. The fever had slighted went down but I knew I wasn't going to go away over night. Her room didn't do any justice to help her. With it in one of the highest towers and no fireplace mustn't have done any good. All those times I've shouted at her for being stupid to allow herself to get ill and yet her dorm was one of the oldest rooms in the castle. I would have to speak Miss Cackle about it " I'm going to move you to my chambers where it'll be warmer" I said, waiting for a respond. When I did receive it I transported us to my room then carefully pulled the covers over her. About to walk away a hand grabbed my wrost making turn around again "please don't go" her voice was barely a whisper "shhh I'm not going anywhere" I said sitting down beside. She moved then layed on my lap. Getting more comfortable I started to ran my hand over her newly tattered hair.

The next morning I awoke first. Always an early bird, with Freya still attached to me. A smile spread across my face as I watched her. She seemed so relaxed, something she hasn't been in a long time. Gently moving her in to the pillows I got up as quietly as I could so I could get ready for today's classes. Freya stirred in her sleep wrapping the blankets tightly around her. Checking her forehead I was glad to see that her temperature had went down quite a bit. Moving around the room to tidy  what little mess there was, I looked up for the time and saw that it was almost time for breakfast. Although I didn't what to I had to wake "Freya darling" I sat on the bed beside her tracing my fingers around her face "What is it?" She asked, her eyes still closed as she moved around "It's almost time for breakfast. Do you think you'd be well enough to go?" I asked although her fever hadn't completely gone it would do some good if she got some fresh air. Peeking through one eye she quickly closed it again before stretching out "I think so" her voice was raspy to indicate that she was just awake "I'll take you to your room then and allow you to freshen up" no reply came apart from a smile crossing her lips.

Classes went by quickly and I soon made for the courtyard where I knew Freya would be. Freya had insisted on going outside for a couple of hours to catch a breath from everything. I found her sitting on a bench near the small bridge "how you feeling?" I asked as I neared her. She turned in my direction "you gave me quite a fright there" she said "I'm doing alright. Feel better if I do say" joining her in the bench "that's good to hear" I said " and last night was one of the best sleeps I've had in ages. That's probably why I feel so good" she exclaimed. Smiling at her reaction "Miss Hardbroom?" I quickly turned my attention back on her "Hecate" I said. A look of confusion spread on Freyas face "call me Hecate when we're in private" I blush crept on her face and I couldn't help but let a low chuckle leave my lips "now I must go and do some grading" I said standing up "I will see you later" leaning down I stole a kiss before transporting back to the potions classroom.

Sitting there stunned as Miss Hardbroom left I still was trying to get my mind around it. She kissed me, again. Oh how my hearts melts when she's like this. And I get to call her by her name. I smile left me as I went of in a daydream.

Joining my friends in the library to do some revising not much of it was really being done. My mind kept wondering off to a certain Potions teacher. I still haven't asked her about what we are. Maybe I'm just scared to find out the answer. It's sad to say that I am just a confused teenager. I sighed as I continued to bother me "Hey Freya did you get you potions essay done" Emma asked. Looking up at her I could see the worried expression on her face as I knew she has yet to do it "yea I did it earlier. It's really not that hard" I told her. She groaned and I could help but chuckle at the reaction "Don't think to much about it. List done what you already know then research the rest. You know there's still two days until it has to be handed in right?" I asked "when did you start becoming so knowledgeable" Claudio joked. I just smiled not knowing what else to say.

Chanting was tomorrow and Miss Bat had informed us that we would be getting marked on our performance. I was excited, I always love changed even if the other witches found it boring. As I laid in bed tossing and turning sleep would not consume me. Huffing I threw the covers off me and went to find the woman in black.

Knocking on her door then entering I found the teacher reading on the bed "Miss Hardbroom" she looked up from her book "I can't sleep" I told her "come here then" she motioned towards the bed. My bare feet running across the floor until I made it to the bed were I went under the covers "how was your day?" She asked a few seconds after, looking down at me. Her eyes bore into me as I watched her "it was ok. We did some revising in the library and I'm all set for tomorrow's chanting class" I smiled at that "well I hope you haven't forgot about that potions essay for Friday" I turned on my stomach "no I haven't" I paused "it's already done" I said "really?" She raised an eyebrow as if my words were foreign to her "Yes four pages actually" I grinned "ok I believe you" she sighed shaking her head "now go to sleep" it was cute how she was trying to be demanding "aren't you forgetting something?" I asked. Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion until she finally caught on what I meant. Leaning down she gave me a quick peck on the lips.