Chapter 19

It was dark and everyone in the school was in bed. it was Christmas eve and I was excited for my friends to receive their gifts from me. I put a lot of thought into it and it was hard trying to find the perfect gift. it was early hours of the morning when I was startled out of my sleep. Myrtle had left her bathroom to disturb me. I don't know why, she wouldn't tell me. a part of me didn't want to go to the abandoned girls bathroom but something was pulling me to it. I had a bad feeling. Reaching the girls bathroom I took a look around before slipping through. I called out to the ghost but didn't get an answer. Walking around my mind started racing as I saw the girl laying on the ground. unconscious and bleed  feel to my knees when I reached her "Hattie, Hattie please wake up!" I cried out. getting my wand I did a quick heeling spell but still her eyes didn't open.

Not wanting to leave I had no choice but to go and get help. A teacher should have been the first option but a teacher I didn't get. I entered the Gryffindor common room and went back to the dormitories to find James. He was sound asleep "James" I whispered loud enough so I would wake anyone else. he didn't respond "James" I tried again "Daniel what the hell are you doing" Remus interrupted "it's the middle of the god damn night" I sighed "well if James would wake up I can leave again" I said "you should be sleeping" shuffling of sheets came from James bed and he finally woke up "what's going on?" he asked "come with me I need help" I said standing to leave the room "you to Remus since you're up" I added. they both grumbled but followed me anyway hearing the seriousness in my voice.

All three boys left the common room James and Remus curious as to where they were being taken "what's going on Daniel? James asked again. I didn't say anything only wanting to get back to Hattie. "what the hell" Remus said as he saw the sight of the Slytherin "why didn't you get a teacher?" James asked I don't know" I said lowering my head "we need to get her to the infirmary" he then informed, I agreed and got them to help me. Remus kept a look out for any teachers that may be lurking about.

The days went by slowly and I never left her bedside. She woke up on the third day crying out in pain. it saddened me to see her like this. There was nothing I could do to help her.  On the fifth day when she was able to talk it wasn't until everyone was in bed that she told me what happened. True we hadn't spoken much in months but I will always be there for her "Voldemort is getting stronger and his army to growing fast. He sent the Crucio curse at me to show his followers that he wont be easier on the younger ones" she said. I took her hand in mine "I will never abandon you during this time. Things will get worse but we can get through it" I told her giving a light kiss on her forehead "I love you" she said with that big smile of hers. I couldn't help but smile back at her.

"Father wake up" the distant voice of his daughter was heard. opening his eyes he found himself in his chair with the half full glass of fire whiskey. He must have fallen asleep last night from overworking. Trying to stand he feel straight to the floor. Fluer yelling and shaking him but he couldn't move.

As I lay in bed with the morning sun hitting against my body I turn. A smile across my face as I lean closer into the person beside me. Tired eyes looking up at her when I heard a chuckle leave her lips "it's already the afternoon. I think we should be getting up now" I groaned "do I have to its too comfortable here" she smiled "unfortunately not" she said I wrapped my arm around her waist with my head on her torso. Hecate was leaning against the headboard, a discarded book laying on the bed "ill go make us something to eat while you get ready" I held on tighter before she leaned down to give me a kiss "I'm not going anywhere" a small laughed came as she removed my arm from her.

Sitting on the edge of the bed I let out a yawn as I stretched. looking around I found my clothes and started to change. the weather was warmer so I decided to wear a dress that went to my knees with a pair of boots. braiding my hair and putting it up in a bun I went to the kitchen to find Hecate already at the table with a cup of tea in her hand "a letter came for you" she said as I sat down she handed it to me. I recognised the hand writing straight away "it's from Fleur" I said quickly opening it. As I read it my mood changed "what's the matter?" I heard Hecate ask "its my dad, he's fallen ill" I said in nearly a whisper. Hecate stood to come to me side "would you like to go home?" I thought about it "yes. it would make me feel more at ease" I said "will you come with me?" I asked hoping she would say yes "of course. I'll be by your side as long as you need me" she said I smiled and quickly ate before getting ready to leave.

Arriving at the home she was greeted at the front door by Fluer. Embraced in a tight hug "how is he" I asked "he's sleeping now but he hasn't spoken to any of us" she said as we entered the house "hello Severus" I greeted when I saw him standing at the door waiting for us "Fluer I would like you to meet someone" I said motioning for Hecate to join my side "this is Hecate Hardbroom" I took her hand in mine "its nice to finally meet you" she said. I looked up at Hecate, a warm smile on her face "and I, you" she said "I feel like I already know you. Freya would stop talking about you" I blushed at my sisters words "does she now" I wasn't to sure how to take her tone "well why don't the two off you get settled in. Aunt Donna will be here soon" Fluer said "of course" I said.

Once settled in we gathered around the living room with tea being served "it seems we have something else in common" Fluer said. I raised an eyebrow "and what is that?" i asked, intrigued with what she would say "we both fell for our potion professors" she may have said that a bit two casual as she took a sip of her tea as if she didn't just say that. The minutes went by and Aunt Donna arrived. When everyone was doing their own thing mainly conversing about potions Donna took me away to talk in private "Freya something's been playing on my mind since our last meeting" she said "what is it?" I asked completely clueless "all those questions you asked me, about insecurities and everything" she paused trying to find the right words "you aren't hiding anything right" I didn't reply, not being able to make eye contact "please speak with me" she begged. she sighed before asking the question she really meant "has someone hurt you Freya?". I slowly looked up taking a deep breath "yes".