Chapter 37

I was glad I got enough sleep; I thought I would have trouble falling asleep because of everything about Emma.  

I was still in bed, laying beside Zayn, too lazy to get up. Zayn was still sleeping so I just tried to go back to sleep.

I shut my eyes, thinking about if my life would change in two months. I hope it will. Suddenly, the letter I got in the washroom, popped up in my head.

“Any Step can change your life, even if it’s a small one”

What’s that supposed to mean? Please, nothing related to my baby, Zayn, or even my friends.

“You’re awake?” Niall asked, standing at my door.

“Yeah, trying to go to sleep…but I can’t” I replied

“Come downstairs, I’m sure you are hungry” He smiled

“Yeah, I’m coming” I answered

“I’ll cook for you, what do you want?” He asked.

“Wow, for the first time, you are going to cook for me. So sweet! Okay… well I’d like to eat eggs and  juice please.” I told him.

“Alright, freshen’ up and come downstairs” He said at last and left the room.

I got up and placed a kiss on Zayn’s cheek.  After I brushed my teeth, I decided I would take a shower after eating.

I shut the door for my room, so Zayn doesn’t get distracted by anyone’s voice.

I was about to go down the stairs, but before I could, I heard Zayn call my name.

I walked back to my room and Zayn was awake.

“morning” I smiled

“Did you just wake up?” He asked

“I guess you can say that” I smiled and took a seat beside him.

“Did you eat?” He asked

“I was going to but then I heard you” I told him

“Well go eat” He smiled.

I nodded and placed a kiss behind his ear.

As I reached the stairs, I felt someone push me. I closed my eyes; someone pushed me off the stairs. I kept my eyes shut and waited for the pain to come. But it didn’t come. Instead I felt someone grab me and pull me towards him or her.

It was Zayn.

Hot tears made their way down from my eyes.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

I sobbed. Words couldn’t manage to come out of my mouth.

Someone tried to push me down the stairs, but before I could fall, Zayn grabbed me. Thank god, he caught me on time. If he didn’t then I would have fell down  the stairs and most likely, hurt my baby. I can’t even imagine that.

Zayn rubbed my back in circles, for comfort.

“You’re okay” He kept saying to me and took me to our room.

It took me awhile to notice that all my friends were now around me.

I didn’t even notice when they came in. There are way too many things going on in my mind. I think my head is going to explode.

Taylor handed me a glass of water and I chugged it down my throat.

What If I lost my baby?

What if I got injured badly?

What if Zayn didn’t catch me on time?

“Perry, it’s okay. Your okay” Zayn said, and then planted a kiss on my head.

“Someone pushed me down the stairs!” I managed to say “I didn’t trip by myself!”

“Zayn caught you on time. Think about the brighter side” Harry said.

“I don’t know if there is even a bright side” I yelled “For how long do we have to live like this, we can’t live in danger for the rest of our lives. What if Zayn didn’t grab me on time? Who knows what condition I would have been in right now?”

After A Few Minutes…

I decided to stay in my room and have some ‘me’ time. I ate my breakfast that Niall made for me.

Suddenly, something came to my mind.

I understand what the note meant.

Any step can change your life, even if it’s a small one”

I took a small step on the stairs and it could have changed my life! But it didn’t cause’ Zayn saved me.

So the ‘ghost’ did this?

Of course.  Is that even a question? Who else would?

I wish we never moved into this house. None of this crazy stuff would have happened.

Why is the ghost after me? Why the ghost would or whatever it is, want to hurt me? Why me in particular? There is got to be a reason why the ghost hates me.  

So now I have to figure out why I am the ghost’s target.

In order to do that, I will find out about this house and who could possibly want to hate me.

Get Ready! 

---------

VOTE & COMMENT!