Chapter 2: The Questioning

Once you walked in the door, you were completely bombarded with questions from the rest of the Avengers. Tony pushed them out of the way and told them all you made some friends. This, of course, gave them even more questions to ask about your friends. Steve, being like a second dad to you, was very concerned and and wanted to know everything about every aspect of each of their personalities.

"Y/n, tell me everything! I need to make sure their good enough for you!" he said.

"Yes, they must be worthy!" Thor screamed.

"Well, their names are Peter, Ned, and MJ," you responded

"Oh my God. Girl, tell us everything about Peter and Ned! You didn't say there were potential boyfriends!" Nat and Wanda yelled at the same time.

"Ok... ok, chill," you said, "Ned is just a friend, but Peter... Peter's great. He's smart, and funny, and he's... he's... ummm, just a friend," you cut yourself off realizing both that you were starting to develop a crush on Peter and that no one else could know, especially since he interned for you dad.

"Sounds like someone has a crush on Peter!" Nat teased.

"Wait, what! No, y/n, what is happening?" your dad questioned.

"Nothing. Peter is just a friend. I promise."

"Whatever liar," you heard Bucky, of all people, whisper under his breath.

After a moment of awkward silence, Bruce got everyone back on track. "So, can we find out about the rest of your day, or is that a secret?"

"Oh yeah, it was great! I had chem first, which was super easy considering I basically live in the most high tech science lab ever created. Then I had math and literature, which were pretty fun, as fun as school can be, I mean. We are going to start reading The Catcher and the Rye, so I'm excited for that. Then I had lunch  and they were serving pizza which actually wasn't half bad. After lunch was P.E. which was my last class with my friends. Then I had art and French which are both so great! I joined that academic decathlon team, which I can't wait for! You guys have to come to my matches!" you blurted out.

"That sounds like fun, sweetheart, how about you go shopping with Nat and Wanda for an hour or so while I make dinner. Then we can discuss your question from earlier, ok?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun. Just let me grab my purse," you responded as Nat and Wanda both nodded.

You walked back to your room and grabbed your purse, putting your wallet inside. You proceeded to walk to the elevator where Wanda and Nat were already waiting for you. The ride down was completely silent, but once you got in the car, they both bombarded you with questions, Happy was so annoyed that he closed off the screen between the back of the car and the front. You were really excited to tell Natasha and Wanda all about Peter, but part of you didn't know if it was a good idea.

"Y/n you have to tell us about Peter because if you don't I will just use my powers on you and look through your memories," Wanda said.

"Can you even do that, Wanda?" you retorted.

"I don't know, but I can try."

"Ok, let's start with a last name. I want to hear how it sounds with yours!" Nat fangirled.

"That's a little weird, Nat, but it's Parker."

Both Wanda and Nat looked like they had been hit by a bus as they said in unison, "Oh my God!"

"What? If this is because he's one of Dad's interns, I knew that already," you questioned starting to get nervous.

"Uh, it's nothing," Wanda lied, "so let's hear about this supposed 'not crush.'"

"Ok, so I was totally lying, I just don't want dad or Steve to know. I really like him though; he was so nice and accepting. He was the first person even willing to talk to me. I had to ask for ten minutes for someone to help me find my class, and he just walked up to me and said I looked lost, and that he wanted to help. He's super smart too. He's like the smartest person on academic decathlon, but he doesn't think so, and it's super cute how embarrassed he gets when someone tells him," you rambled, "I love the way he looks at me, too. When you talk to him, he makes you feel like you're the most important person in the world by the way his gorgeous brown eyes stare into mine. And not to mention, he's super cute. I actually can't wait to go to school tomorrow just to talk to him," your cheeks reddened as you finished.

"Wow, y/n, you've got it hard," Wanda commented as you all started to get out of the car as Happy had just pulled up in front of Macy's to let you all out. You waved bye to Happy, then continued your conversation.

"Yeah girl, you've only known him for a day. He must be super special," Nat added.

"Yeah he is, but ummm, what are we buying?" you questioned.

"How about a cute outfit for school tomorrow?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah, that sounds great!"

After around two hours of searching for an outfit, you had finally decided on a cute jean skirt with a form fitting, long sleeve black t-shirt to tuck in to it with a pair of black converse. Just as you were getting in line to check out, you got a text from Happy:

I'm by the front entrance, dinner will be ready by the time you get home  

You replied:

Thanks Happy in line to check out be there soon

You payed for your clothes and got into the car with Nat and Wanda. The three of you laughed about all the outfits you had tried on until Nat randomly blurted out, "Y/n, you totally need to invite Peter over. We need to meet him!" she drug out the 'need.'

"I think that's what Dad and I are discussing at dinner. I had asked him if it would be ok to have friends over, and he said that we'll talk about it, so I don't know."

The rest of the ride was silent until you all headed to the dining room to find dinner on the table and the rest of the Avengers sitting around it, leaving your usual spot in between your dad and Rhodey. Most of the meal was silent except for the occasional whisper conversation until you decided to speak up. "So, umm dad, can we talk about having friends over and maybe telling Peter you're my dad, since he knows you anyway?"

Everyone's eyes got wide for a moment before Tony replied, "I think, as long as it's ok with everyone else, that it would be fine to tell Peter considering that he already knows me. As for Ned and MJ, Happy will have to meet them first to make sure that they're trust worthy, then I think it would be ok. What do you guys think?" he directed the last part towards the rest of the team.

"I think the little squirt needs some friends. She's kind of a lonely child," Sam joked and you glared at him.

"I also think that it would be fine as long as they're ok and can keep a secret," Steve replied as everyone else nodded.

"Well then it's settled. You can tell Peter tomorrow if you want, then you can tell Ned and MJ that you want them to meet Happy next week. You can call him your uncle or something. If he says they're ok to tell, then it's fine," your dad confirmed.

"Omg thank you guys so much!" you screamed and got up, hugging everyone individually and then walking to your room to text Peter, not even bothering to finish your dinner.

"Y/n, you have to finish your food!" Pepper called after you.

"I'm not really hungry. Is it ok if I'm excused?"

Everyone laughed and nodded as you walked back to your room thinking about how you were going to tell Peter tomorrow that you were the daughter of Tony Stark, the Iron Man.