Chapter 5: Painful Recollections

Peter's P.O.V.

I went down the elevator and found Happy standing outside of a black car, ready to take me home. He glanced at me and then got into the driver's seat and waited for me to get in the back. I sat down and pulled out my phone to text y/n. I had already missed her and knew that I needed to tell her my feelings, but not yet. I also knew that I had completely ruined Bucky's plan, but I wasn't ready to tell y/n. It was too soon.

Peter❤😍❤: Hey y/n miss me?

y/n😘😉😘: of course whats up

Peter❤😍❤: I had fun thx 4 inviting me

y/n😘😉😘: yeah np

Peter❤😍❤: see u at school on mon

y/n😘😉😘: yeah see u cant wait for chem

-----timeskip 4 weeks-----

y/n's P.O.V.

The past four weeks went by super fast. You, Peter, Ned, and MJ had become really close, after Happy decided they were both trustworthy, of course. You still had a major crush on Peter which, if anything, had only increased after getting to know him better. This is why you had really hoped that the two of you would talk about what happened during truth or dare, but you knew that you both promised to never bring it up, and that he didn't like you that way. You knew you needed to tell Peter about your feelings, but you didn't want to ruin your friendship. Peter was your best friend, even more so than Ned or Michelle. He was always there for you, no matter what, and dropped everything to make sure you were ok. You could talk to Peter about anything, and he would listen. You didn't want your feelings to get in the way of this. Never in your life had you had a friend as close as Peter.

It was Friday morning and you were sitting in chem, waiting for Peter, as always. He once again ran in thirty seconds before the bell rang and took his seat next to you. You looked over at him and realized that there were scratches and bruises all over his face that you couldn't remember seeing yesterday. You frantically grabbed your phone to text him and avoid talking in class and getting yelled at.

y/n😘😉😘: peter what happened ur covered in scratches and bruises

peter❤😍❤: nothing im fine

y/n😘😉😘: peter dont give me that bullshit ur hurt and i need to know y

peter❤😍❤: can we talk about it at lunch

y/n😘😉😘: as long as I get to know who almost killed my best friend u couldve died on me peter

peter❤😍❤: i didnt almost die and look im fine im literally in the seat next to u now put ur phone down and pay attention to class so i dont have to tutor u

y/n😘😉😘: ur not paying attention either parker

peter❤😍❤: bye y/n

You put your phone down and started to take notes. When the bell finally rang, you sprinted out and headed to math, praying that it, as well as literature would go by fast so that you could talk to Peter. Even though you had all of those classes with him, he refused to say what happened to his face. On your way to lunch you got a call from Scott which you found very peculiar considering he was at home on house arrest with Cassie and didn't really call you. You picked up right away and heard Scott's frantic voice on the other end.