Chapter 3: Hard Truths

As you walked back to your room, you texted Peter:

You: Hey Peter? Wanna talk?

Peter Parker: Yeah what's up?

You: R u still up for walking me home tomorrow?

Peter Parker: Of course y/n! Anything else?

You: Yeah is there any way u could meet me by my locker at like 7 tomorrow? I have something to tell u but its too important to do over text 

Peter Parker: Yeah but thats like an hour b4 school r u ok?

Im fine I just want to make sure u have enough time to process what im gonna tell u

....ok

its not bad I promise its just shocking

Ok night y/n

gn Peter

You woke up the next morning at 6:00 because it took twenty minutes to get to Queens from Avenger's tower and you wanted to get there early. You quickly took a shower and got dressed in your new outfit. When you walked to the kitchen to see if your dad was ready to leave, you found Bucky leaning against the counter holding the keys.

"Come on kid, I'm taking you today!" he said.

"Yassss this is gonna be great!" you replied, making Bucky smile and shake his head at you. You loved Bucky just as much as your dad and Steve. He was like a cool older brother to you, even though he was like 100, and you always did the coolest things when you were with him. You were so excited to get to talk to him without the rest of the crew also there. You got into the car and headed toward Queens.

"So... my little y/n's got a crush?" he said while turning to you and winking.

"Come on Buck, I'm not little anymore, and I never said that!"

"But you were thinking it!"

"Don't you think that if I had a crush on someone I would tell you?"

"I don't know... I'm starting to think I'm getting replaced by Nat and Wanda."

"Seriously Bucky? You know your like my brother, and Nat and Wanda are like my cool aunts."

"Then how come you told them and not me?"

"They told you!?!" you gasped.

"Yeah they did. So, spill!"

"Fine. I like Peter, ok?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Cause you're a guy and I thought it'd be awkward. I've never talked to you about a guy before. Also, you might tell my dad or Steve and that can't happen."

"I won't tell them. I promise, y/n, but I can help you if you ever need advice or like you need a guy's perspective or something."

"Seriously, you're not gonna make fun of me?"

"Oh no! I didn't say that! You're never living this down!" he laughed as he pulled up in front of your school. "I think this is your stop. Have a good day y/n! I think Sam's coming to pick you up at 4:30."