Chapter 12: The Battle

-----time skip to 6 a.m. the next day-----

You awoke to the sound of F.R.I.D.A.Y.'s voice calling Peter to the conference room. He quickly slipped out of bed, thinking you were still asleep, and left the room being very careful not to disturb you. After he closed the door, the floorboards in the hallway made a creaking sound and you could hear a muffled, "oh shit" through the door, making you laugh at your adorable dork of a boyfriend. You eventually fell back asleep even though your mind was occupied with the events that were about to transpire.

Peter's P.O.V.

F.R.I.D.A.Y. had called me to the conference room at six in the morning which was quite annoying, but I knew it was necessary to help y/n. I tried my best to stay quiet while leaving her room, as not to wake her up, but as I left the floorboards creaked and I cursed under my breath. When I made it to the conference room, Mr. Stark handed me a new suit which was very similar to the suit he gave me in Germany. I quickly put it on and noticed that it had a more advanced tracking and drone system, and realized that Tony had probably stayed up all night making it. I glanced his direction and saw that he had huge bags under his eyes and that he was surrounded by at least twenty coffee cups. I smiled slightly at him and headed towards the address that Dr. Banner had given me last night. I was so overwhelmed by working with the Avengers. It was so cool that now I could just casually say, 'I'm on a mission given to me by Iron Man and the Hulk to save Iron Man's daughter who happens to be my girlfriend.' my life has changed so much since I got bit on that field trip freshman year.

I swung through the busy morning of New York while quietly humming High Hopes by Panic! At the Disco under my breath. I realized that High Hopes described my situation pretty well; I had to have high hopes for the future. I eventually reached the address which was a run down house with a yard littered with old beer cans. There was an exceptionally large number of satellites on the roof, which was probably how Derek Cross managed to hack into Mr. Stark's security system. I managed to find an open window at the top left of the building, so I scaled the side of his house and went inside. I know that sounds creepy, but I'm the good guy here. When I got inside, I realized that the window led to his bedroom and that he was still sleeping in his bed. The room wreaked of beer and vomit and I figured that he was probably drunk a lot. I quickly stuck a tracker on Mr. Cross and headed back to the tower. When I returned everyone was in the conference room waiting for and watching the tracker on a large screen that encompassed  the entire back wall of the very large room.

y/n's P.O.V.

You patiently waited for Peter to return until you finally saw his slim figure greet all of you in the conference room. You ran up to him and wrapped your arms around his neck and tangled your fingers in the brown curls on his neck. He smiled and blushed slightly while placing a warm, chaste kiss on your forehead. You released him from your grip and he intertwined your fingers as the two of you walked up to your dad.

"Nice job, kid," your dad said to Peter as he placed a reassuring hand on the web-slinger's shoulder.

"T-thanks, Mr. Stark," Peter choked out as Tony walked over to the remaining Avengers.

Those meant to head out after Derek Cross slipped on a hat and sunglasses, as if they thought that was a disguise, and left for different patrol spots scattered throughout the city as well as Queens. You and Peter looked over the shoulders of Tony, Viz, Loki, Thor, Rhodey, Bruce, Pepper, and Happy as they located Derek on the screen, confirming that he was alone.

"Ok, everyone Mr. Cross is alone at in the central city park. I'm sending you the location now. The rest of us are gearing up and heading out," Bruce confirmed to the rest of the team over the intercom.