Chapter 7: And the Truth Comes Out

You woke up the next morning and groggily walked into the bathroom. You looked in the mirror and saw that there was a not taped to your head. You laughed wondering how you hadn't seen it before and then proceeded to read the  note:

Hey kid, 

Steve, Sam, and I had to leave pretty early this morning, but I didn't want to wake you up. Your dad made breakfast: waffles I think. He heard you crying last night (I didn't say anything, I swear!), and wants to talk to you. I'm pretty sure he's the only other person in the tower right now because everyone else had something to do. Have fun at Peter's and please take my advice. Be normal and natural, don't act weird (cause I know you will) and I'll see you for dinner. I think it's Viz's turn to cook, so it'll probably be good. He actually reads the recipe.

Your coolest not-brother ever, Bucky

You laughed and walked to your room to get changed, putting on a 'Stark Industries' t-shirt and a pair of jeans with red converse. You walked to the kitchen to find your dad sitting at the counter with a plate of waffles in front of him and another one next to him. You smiled and sat in front of the second plate, without saying anything. Tony turned to face you and awkwardly began speaking.

"So, is there anything you want to talk about, peanut?"

"I'm fine, Dad," replied coldly.

"Are you sure? You know you can always talk to me, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks, but I'm fine," you repeated yourself.

"Cut the shit, y/n!" he said, "I know you were crying last night, and I need to know what's wrong," he calmed himself down a bit.

"Fine. Do you really want to know?" he nodded his head, "I like Peter Parker, and he told me that he was in love with me, and I friend-zoned him! I don't know how to fix this, and now he wants to forget it ever happened! I ruined my only chance and now I'm screwed!" you yelled more to just yell than actually yelling at your dad.

"Y/n, calm down, please," he begged.

"I am calm," you retorted.

"We can fix this, y/n. You're going over there today, right?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Tell him then. Don't let him push the subject off, and tell Peter how you feel," Tony calmly spoke.

"Wait, you're ok with this?"

"Y/n, I've known Peter for a few years and as soon as I got to finally meet you this summer, I've thought you two would be adorable together. As much as I don't want you to date, I want you to be happy, so yeah, I'm ok with it," your dad said, making you smile. You hugged him and then he began to speak again. "Why'd you tell Bucky?"

"What?" you asked.

"Why did you go to Bucky and not me or one of the girls?" you could tell that he was hurt.

"Dad, Bucky is like my best friend, besides Peter. He's basically my brother," you responded trying to make him feel better.

"Y/n, he's a middle aged man and you're sixteen," he said, puzzled.

"Yeah, everyone here is middle aged. Was I supposed to not make any friends? I mean, you're the Avengers; I got used to it," you laughed.

"Yeah, ok. Can you promise me one thing though?'

"Maybe, what is it?"

"If something is upsetting you this much, can you please tell me?'

"I guess," you laughed while hugging him.