Chapter 6: Sad Misunderstandings

When there was around five minutes left of your French class, you asked the teacher if you could use the restroom. She said yes, so you grabbed your bag and walked across the building to Peter's Spanish class and waited for him so that you could walk to Academic Decathlon together. He wasn't expecting you to show, so when he saw you, he had the biggest smile you've ever seen. He immediately grabbed your hand to make sure you were there, and walked to practice. You weren't sure exactly what happened to him yesterday, but you knew it was because he was always making sure that you were real and that you were actually there, with him.

After practice, you and Peter walked outside and found Sam waiting in a car to pick the two of you up. The car ride was silent, but when you reached the tower, you got out and gave Sam a hug. You then led Peter to your room and gave him a hug.

"Peter, spill. What exactly happened last night?" you asked while still holding on to him.

"Y/n, I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Peter, you have nothing to be sorry about. I just want to be able to help you and I can't do that unless you tell me," you said.

Peter sighed and nodded his head. "I was on patrol like every night when something actually interesting happened. There were these robbers trying to get into a bank, so I flipped in to stop them.  There ended up being a lot more of them then I thought, and they caught me off guard and held me up against the a wall. One of them held a knife to my throat, another held a gun to my head, and another kept repeatedly punching me until I blacked out. When I woke up they were still in the bank, but they had beat me up so bad; I didn't think I was going to make it. They had cut several gashes into my head and had beat me up pretty bad. It took all of my strength to web them up and leave a note for the police, and took three hours to get back to my apartment last night. I lost so much blood that I think I passed out a few times on the way there.  The entire time all I could think about was losing you," he said in tears.

"I-is that why you keep grabbing my hand, Peter?" you whispered and pulled him into your side.

"I-I just need t-to make sure that you're actually here, that you're real," he said, "I'm sorry."

"Peter, stop apologizing. You did nothing wrong, and if you need to hold my hand, then Peter, please hold my hand. I'm worried about you."

He beamed up at you and whispered, "Y-y/n, I don't know what I would ever do without you," making you blush.

"Come on, let's watch a movie. What do you want to watch?"

"I know this sounds stupid, but maybe a Disney movie?" he asked sheepishly.

"I would love that, Peter," you whispered as you grabbed his hand and walked to living room to watch Frozen. You chose Frozen because you thought breaking out into song may cheer Peter up and the fact that Elsa is in a similar situation to Peter, you thought it may give him hope. You asked FRIDAY to start the movie and sat down on the couch next to Peter. You had your head on his shoulder through the whole movie.

You and peter watched Disney movies until 8:30 when Peter needed to head home. The two of you laughed and had tons of fun, but neither of you dared to bring up what had been confessed at lunch. You figured that the two of you were already close friends and you both confessed under emotional and worrying circumstances, and that you would both ignore it until you had to confront it. Little did you know that Peter had wanted to bring it up the whole night, but was too afraid and nervous to. He knew that you were probably just trying to make him feel better, and when you said that you loved him, you meant as a friend.

You video called Peter as soon as he got into Happy's car, just like you promised. He answered looking a lot better than he did earlier in the day: