Chapter 8: Meaningful Conversations

You and Peter were left laughing on the floor at the awkward tension between the two of you. Eventually, Peter asked if you wanted to watch a movie, and of course you said yes. You were halfway through 'Back to the Future' when May came in with the food. She had ordered a ton of Thai food for everyone, so you spent the rest of the movie eating and laughing with May and Peter. When the movie was over, you went back to Peter's room and talked. You were in the middle of telling him a pretty boring story about when you first found out you were going to live with the Avengers when he suddenly blurted out, "Y/n do you want to stay the night?"

"What?" you asked more stunned than confused.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, but I thought it would be fun if you stayed over and we could watch Netflix all night and talk and stuff?" he said very quietly and as more of a question than a statement.

"I would love to Peter, but I have to ask my dad first," you state.

"Yeah, of course, do you want to use a phone?"

"I have a cell, Peter," you laughed at his awkwardness.

"Right," he mumbled.

You walked into the hall and dialed your dad's number, As usual, FRIDAY answered saying that your dad was in his lab and couldn't talk at the moment. You asked to be transferred to Steve because he was basically your second dad.

"Y/n what's wrong? Do I need to kill someone for you?" he asked freaking out.

"No, Steve, I'm fine, great actually! I just wanted to see if it would be ok to stay at Peter's for the night," you replied.

"Oh, uh," you could hear the concern in his voice, "I guess that's fine, but don't do anything your dad would do," he replied.

"Oh My God! Steve!" you yelled, "I would never!"

"I'm just making sure that I cover all the grounds. I'm new to this parenting thing," he said super sarcastically.

"You're not even my dad, Steve!"

"You know I'm basically you're second dad, y/n!" 

"Whatever, Steve! I'll see you tomorrow, love you!" you replied.

"Love you too, y/n! Do you want Happy to pick you up or some other ride home?"

"Ummm, can Bucky pick me up?"

"Yeah, I can have him do that."

"Thanks, Steve. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight, y/n. Love you!" he said as he hung up.

You smiled and walked back into Peter's room where he was sitting on his bed, eagerly awaiting your answer. You laughed at how adorable he is and sat down on his bed next to him while resting your head on his shoulder. He awkwardly wrapped his arm around your waist making your hurt jump and you snuggled into his side even further.

"So, I take it your staying?" Peter questioned, but you only nodded your head and closed your eyes, taking in Peter's scent and what it felt like to be held in his arms.

"Y/n, are you not even going to answer me?" he laughed, but you just shook your head and held on tighter to him.

"Baby, what are you doing?" he asked while pulling you off of him and placing his hands on your shoulders so that you had to look at him.

"I've just wanted to to be with you for so long, now that I finally am, I just want to take it all in," you said, embarrassed. 

Peter laughed and pulled you closer to him while planting a kiss in your hair. You smiled and wrapped your arms around his waist. The two of you stayed like that for at least a half hour until Peter finally spoke up. "As much as I would love to stay like this forever, I have to go on patrol. Hopefully I'll be back in an hour, y/n. You can watch Netflix or whatever, Just please don't tell Aunt May because I don't really want her to know that I'm Spider-Man."