The Trap from Hell!

It had been a few days since Yugi had solved the puzzle and since Joanna had met Yami, the spirit from the puzzle. Although she was concerned for Yugi. She learned that the one who can solve the puzzle will receive the power of the wisdom of darkness. 

At the same time, Tea was acting strange as well. She seemed to be avoiding the subject of going to Burger World, claiming that the food and such were bad, and that she was busy. As the days went on, even Honda and Miho claimed that they were busy as well.

Which left Yugi and Joanna on their own with each other.

As school was wrapping up for the day, one of Joanna's books slipped out of her backpack and Yugi found it.

"'Astronomy'? Joanna, you like astronomy?" Yugi asked as he saw her face looking away.

"Y-yeah. I took it up when I found some special cards when I was younger."

"Special Cards?"

"Yeah," Joanna said as she took out a deck, Yugi realized that those were Duel Monsters Cards.

"These. The Celestial Deck." The young tomboy gave him the deck to look over. 

The deck was filled with cards that Yugi had never seen before, and each monster card was based on a certain constellation or star. "Wow! I've never heard of this deck before! How did you get it?"

"I found it actually. In an abandoned temple. I felt like it was calling me. I had it since." Joanna said. "My dad once said that the Celestials watched their charges from the stars in the heavens, and he said to turn to them for guidance. Just as your puzzle is your treasure, my cards are one to me." She finished with a smile, looking at her cards. Two of her duel spirts; Constellar Siat and Virgo were smiling fondly.

Yugi couldn't help but think that Joanna looked like a different person when she smiled like that with the fondness she had for her cards. 

"Either way, don't you think it's strange that those three are suddenly going off somewhere? I think we should find out what's going on." Joanna said changing the subject.

Yugi had to agree. He was a little worried for Tea.

-------------------------------------------

It turned out that Tea was just working at Burger World, which was why she didn't want her friends to find her there since taking up a job was against the rules, but Miho and Honda found out and decided to work there as well.  Although, they all had different reasons for getting a job. Tea wanted to save up enough to go to New York and study dance one day, Miho wanted to get some money to get new clothes, and Honda obviously wanted to be by Miho's side. 

Either way, Yugi and Joanna promised not to tell anyone about this and decided to eat.

"Don't you think Tea looks a little mad?" Yugi asked.

"Sure she does. But she didn't tell us in the first place. Aren't friends supposed to help each other? Besides, secrets have their own way of coming out, remember that Yugi." Joanna reassured him. 

Before they knew it, an escaped convict was alerted to be inside the restaurant; who was actually the manager of Burger World and he framed Tetsu the Hedgehog for the recent robberies. 

He would've held Tea hostage if it weren't for Joanna reacting in time to push her out of harm's way, but she got caught by the Spider instead. 

"Joanna!" Tea and Yugi yelled.

"Pretty noble thing you just did, but you still got yourself caught doll."

"The name's not 'doll' you punk!" Joanna struggled until a gun was put to her forehead. 

"Anyone else moves and I'll blow her head off!" The criminal said when he sat himself and Joanna at a table while everyone else was ordered to be on the floor and he ordered for a drink and a smoke by Yugi. 

Then Joanna noticed the puzzle glowing again. Yami was taking over. 

"It's game time."

"Yami." Joanna said.

Yami then challenged the criminal to a game to take the other's life. Basically, a one-finger battle. Both players had to choose one finger to use, and they can't move the others. The criminal chose the pointer finger while Yami decided on his thumb which ignited a lighter for the  criminal's cigarette. Then Yami had the lighter land on the criminal's other hand while he was pouring an alcoholic drink. 

'I see! If the lighter falls from the recoil, the drink will catch fire and so will he.' Joanna thought as Yami led her out of harm's way. "Are you ok, Joanna?"

"I've been better, but yes."

And as she thought, the criminal put the gun down to take the lighter off with his whole hand, then he tried to shoot Yami, not realizing that the gun had some alcohol on it. 

"The Door of Darkness has been opened." Yami said.

The criminal wound up acting in a seizure, acting as if he was being tormented by some invisible force. 

---------------------------------

"Eh? You and the others quit your jobs?" Yugi asked Tea the next day.

"Yeah, for now. It was silly of me to get a job."

"Why's that?" Joanna asked.

"Well, I wouldn't have time to spend with my friends, would I?"

"Really?" Yugi laughed.

"I suppose so." Joanna smiled. 

"By the way Joanna, who was it that saved you? I didn't see him or could hear anything." Tea asked.

"Oh, well, um, his name's Yami. To be honest, I only met him once when he saved me from Ushio before. He left before I could talk with him more." Joanna half-lied. 

"Well, the next time you see him, you should thank him properly." Tea suggested. 

"Like how?"

"Well, maybe a thank you kiss or something like that." Tea suggested with a teasing smile causing Joanna to blush as she tried to change the subject. Thankfully, Yugi saved her.

"Oh! There's the new Beef Noodle shop! Let's go there to eat." He suggested.

The three of them were greeted by Miho and Honda again.

"What? You guys are doing this again?" Tea asked.

"But-but Miho wanted to get new clothes!" Miho said innocently.

"And I-I'll go to the ends of the Earth to be with Miho-chan!" Honda proclaimed.

Yugi, Tea, and Joanna were exasperated by this.

'Ra help these two.' Joanna thought.