Digital Pet Riot

After the skirmish with Shadi, the next few days have been quiet.

But a new craze has been going around the school.

Digital Pets.
---------------

It was during breaktime, and Joanna was just checking up on her Digital Pet along with Yugi.

She had by that time pulled out her own Pet along with Yugi.

"If you properly care for it you'll get a good outcome," Yugi added. "It's like it's your child."

"Yeah," agreed Joanna. "Right now I'm devoting half my day to her. Though, I'm amazed that she doesn't disturb me during school or study time."

"Sounds like your pet is well behaved, Joanna

"What a waste!" yelled Tristan who had came in at that moment making people around them sweatdrop before they went to take care of their own Pets. "To waste time on that...truly a waste of youth! Useless! Depravity!"

"What was that?" Joanna asked as Tristan walked over to them.

"You didn't have to say all that," scolded Tea.

"Tristan, this is fun," Yugi told him.

"No, I have no interest," stated Tristan.

"You mean you couldn't get one, right?" asked Joey. "It's sold out everywhere."

"I did not become a Beautification Member to clean up Digital Pet droppings," Tristan informed Joey. "What I must clean is not the Digital World! Even if the temptation of Digital Pets spread to all humanity...I will remain in reality and continue picking up trash one piece at a time! I, Beautification Member...as Tristan Taylor!"

"Good morning," Miho greeted as she finally showed up for school.

"Miho-chan, good morning..."

"What do you mean "good morning"?" Anzu asked with a raised eyebrow. "Second period is already over." Joanna added.

"Well...it's hard to take care of her," answered Miho as she showed them her Digital Pet that was a head with feet and hair that has a bow in it. "She also slept late last night."

Miho smiled at them while Tristan went gaga over her.

"So you're doing it too, Miho-chan?" asked Yugi.

"Because I definitely want to go to Australia," answered Miho.

"Australia?" asked Tea.

"Here," Miho said as she held up a poster. "This. Didn't you know? It's this Sunday...A pet competition. And the prize is an Australia trip!"

"I see," sighed Joanna before she looked over at the other students. "So that's why everyone else is so desperate."

"But...Miho is tired. I wonder if there's someone who can raise my pet so that it can win the prize for me? And the Australia trip is for a pair."

"Pair?" Tristan asked when he finally snapped out of his daze before he grabbed Miho's hand. "Miho-chan, leave it to me. I swear as a Beautification Member that I will make you win!"

"Really?" Miho asked with a squeal while the others watched.

"Hey!" Joanna called out. "What was all that before about humanity?"

"I just realized it," answered Tristan. "There is no difference between reality and the digital world."

"Oh, really?" Tea asked.

"Yes, there is," the two said at the same time.

"Good luck, Tristan," Miho told him with a smile.