The Watch Hunter!

Joanna was finishing her jog Sunday morning, and thought to go around town. She saw a commotion at a store and saw Yugi and Honda talking.

"Hey Yugi, Honda! What's going on?-!" She said as Honda suddenly zoomed past her, leaving her confused, and Yugi was in Honda's place in the line.

"Oh! Hi Joanna! Honda asked me to take his place to get something. It's the new G Shock Watch!" Yugi explained. 

"Oh yeah, I heard about that. It's only for this day only at this store, right?" 

'Why humans find enjoyment from things like this, i'll never know.' Mars, The Agent of Force said, that only Joanna heard.

'To each it's own Mars.' Earth said in a shrug.

'I'll bet Honda's trying to get this watch for Miho.' Said Lunalight Black Sheep said.

'Of course, anything he does has to be involved with her.' Gem-Knight Obsidian signed. 

Joanna couldn't help but feel sorry for the sap doing things like this. She wouldn't be surprised if Honda would willingly give an arm or leg for Miho.

"Mind if I stick around Yugi? After this, there's a new archade I want to check out." 

"Sure!"

After waiting for a while, the owner said to the other people in line that the G Shock were sold out, and she saw Yugi got the last one. 

'Milady, trouble coming this way.' Gem-Knight Alexandrite said.

Joanna looked and saw that there was a man that looked similar to a gangster or hoodlum walk to the front of the line ahead of everyone, about to make an attempt to take the watch. But she prevented it from being taken.

"You didn't pay for it, so you don't have a right to just take it." She said.

"Of course I do." The man said as he revealed his sleeves to show the different watches on his arms. IF Joanna had to guess, in a couple of decades, they could fetch a very pretty penny.

"I have every possible variation of color and design, my private collection has possibly every variation ever made. I may be the most complete wristwatch collector in Japan, no the world! Being a true wristwatch collector, I feel I do deserve that G Shock your friend has there!" He said arrogantly.

"Collector or not, you still have to obey rules. First come, first serve. Besides, it's going to be a gift for a friend." Joanna said staring the watch mania down. Thankfully, the shopkeeper of the place was calling the police and the mania left before things got out of hand. 

"You alright Yugi?" Joanna asked.

"Yes, thanks."

"In my opinion, it's not a good thing to obsess over such a little thing like a wristwatch. If you obsess over something like that too much, you may get turned into one." Joanna said.

----------------------------

How did Joanna find herself in these kinds of situations? 

One minute Miho asked Honda to look after her new watch for a while, and the new thing she knew he already lost it. But one of her duel spirits told her that the mania that was after it before had stolen it from his back pocket in the men's washroom. 

She found herself running after him and demanding he give it back.

"Like I will besides, this G Shock is rightfully mine."

"I don't see your name on it, punk."

"She's right." A certain voice piped up.

Then the place looked like it turned into the inside of a clock. She then turned to see...

"Yami." 

"Who are you?"

"It's Game Time." He said as a coocoo bird came from an opening in the ground and snatched the watch.

"My G Shock!" The mania said as he tried to pry open the door.

"It's not yours. But if you win a game, it will be."

"A game?"

"Yes, but it's a Game of Darkness."

"....What is the game?"

'And he took the bait...' Gem Merchant signed.

"The rules are simple. The bird will come out with the watch and it will automatically be set at stopwatch mode. The goal is to have it stop as close to ten seconds. If you take longer than that, the pendulum will swing down and, well it will be painful." Yami said. "Do you accept?" He asked with a confident smirk. 

Of course the stubborn mania accepted the challenge. 

The mania got it to stop at 9.35 seconds. But Yami did it at 9.95 seconds.

Then the mania demanded a rematch, but on different sides. 

However, he took longer than 10 seconds and the pendulum hit his hand as a result and he lost.

"Well, you lose. Now if you don't mind, I'm giving this back to Miho." Joanna said reaching for the watch, only to have the mania stop her and grab her hand. 

"You're gong to give it back? This game is stupid! The G Shock is-!?" The mania said before pausing when he saw the glowing eye on Yami's forehead.

"Pathetic. The Door of Darkness has opened." Yami said as the mania noticed something was wrong with him as he heard ticking noises...from his body?

Where there should've been a wound on his hand, he saw gears in it. Then he started freaking out when his beloved wristwatches were melding into his skin.

"Looks like you were right Joanna. If you obsess over a little thing too much, you may get turned into it." Yami said as the two of them left, leaving the mania in hysterics.

--------------------------------

"Perfume?"

"Yeah, there's going to be a sale on a new perfume, but i'm afraid that there will be a long line." Miho said, having forgiven Honda for loosing her watch after giving it back. 

"Don't worry! I can do it for you Miho-chan! This beautification member is ready to rescue you again!" Honda said with a goofy smile as Miho thanked him.

'This is one of the reasons why there's no cure of being an idiot. People like Honda do stupid things out of love.' Joanna thought in exasperation.

----------------------------

In Egypt....

'It's Time.'

A man in white robes with a scale and a key around his neck was being talked to by some unknown force.

"What is your wish of me?"

'The holder of the Millenium Pendant is reincarnated.'

"?! She is?" The man asked surprised.

'She will be the key to help stop the treat that will come to the world. She will be needed to stop the return of the Shadow Games. In addition to serving the punishment of the defilers of the Lost King's Tombs, find the reincarnated girl. Don't return until you have given her the pendent.'

"Of course." The Egyptian man said as he left to Japan with a pendent in his possession.