☆ SEVEN ☆

chapter songthe 1975: haunt // bed"i'm sorry that your dad's dead / i hope you amend it"

chapter song
the 1975: haunt // bed
"i'm sorry that your dad's dead / i hope you amend it"

1981

The show was incredible. People fought to make their way into the Whisky to catch the surprise show from The Sycophants and they were practically foaming at the mouth for more. Their music was infectious and fun and Nikki was in his most absolute element right now.

Nikki did what he always did at one of their shows: make heart eyes at El and all but drool on himself. It was unnervingly parallel to the last time he had gotten to see her play back in 1979. He still felt that adolescent giddiness warming his chest and his poor little cheeks turned pink once more as El caught his gaze and winked at him, the same thing she had done two years prior. Nikki was still hopeful that now that they were friends, he would be able to cool it when it came to his crush on her. He was beginning to think, however, that wasn't going to happen.

El did her thing on stage, feeding off the energy of the crowd, but more importantly and much to her surprise, feeding off the attention from Nikki. His eyes had not left her one time throughout the whole set. She watched him stare at her in amazement, body bouncing subconsciously to the music and lips mouthing the words to all their songs. She couldn't describe how she felt watching him watch her with wide eyes. It was overwhelming and suffocating, but she attributed it to her senses being in overdrive from the show. She needed to get it together. She couldn't let him see her lose her cool. She kind of liked the fact that he was so awestruck by her and had respect for her. El forcefully pulled her eyes away from Nikki's and tried to regain composure before making a fool out of herself on stage.

-

Nikki and the boys waltzed backstage trying to find The Sycophants. They were all going on and on about the show and how great it was as they walked into the dressing to see their friends.

"You guys were fucking rad, dude!" Tommy yelled, giving everyone high fives. The group swarmed together and talked about the show, but El approached Nikki as he stood on the outskirts of the huddle with a glass of what she assumed was Jack Daniels.

"Hey, you," El smiled up at him as her fingers wrapped around his wrist to demand his attention.

Nikki's breath caught in his throat. "Hey, you," he repeated with a grin. "Great fuckin' show! It was incredible, really."

El shrugged. "Eh, we try."

The two of them found themselves in the middle of their bands antics and buffoonery quickly after that. Tommy had managed to douse Nikki with an entire pitcher of beer after Ezra and Jude no balls-ed him, much to the dismay of Nikki and his hair. El heard them all make plans of going to one of the many strip clubs on Sunset and get trashed. That didn't seem like a good idea for her, so she began gathering her things to go home.