☆ FORTY ONE ☆

chapter songbilly idol: eyes without a face"now i close my eyes / and i wonder why / i don't despise"

chapter song
billy idol: eyes without a face
"now i close my eyes / and i wonder why / i don't despise"

1984

"What are you packing?" Jude asked Nikki as he stepped into his bedroom. Jude had been coming around a lot, much like Tommy, wanting to keep Nikki company and Nikki was fine with that. He found Jude to be one of the least annoying people in his life regardless of his dramatic tendencies.

"Clothes," Nikki stated.

"Yeah, no shit," Jude rolled his eyes as he plopped down on the corner of the bed. "For what?"

"I'm going to visit El," Nikki shrugged.

"What?" Jude asked, shocked. "What do mean you're going to visit El?"

Nikki narrowed his eyes at him. "Uh, exactly what I just said. That's what I mean."

"W-Where? Where is she? Where are you going?" Jude asked in a flurry, sitting up on the bed.

"Dude," Nikki grumbled, "cool it. I'll be back in a few days."

"Sixx, where is she? Why hasn't she called me? Or Del?"

"I don't know dude," Nikki sighed.

"We're her band, her family. We're important," he frowned.

"Well, the status of our relationship is probably a little more pressing to her than a band that has been defunct for months now," Nikki snapped, slamming the lid of his suitcase.

Jude said nothing to that, deciding it'd be best to keep his mouth shut to avoid a fight he'd knew would come if he argued back. "What about the drugs?"

"What about them?" Nikki lowly asked.

"Surely you're not traveling with smack in your carry-on," Jude scoffed.

"Who said I was flying?" Nikki eyed him.

"Uh," Jude screwed his face, "I did, considering I at least know she's nowhere near here and you're in no shape to drive."

Nikki stared at him for a moment with his mouth slightly agape and then dropped his gaze back to his suitcase. "No, the smack is not going in my carry-on."

"So you're shoving it up your ass then?"

"No Jude," Nikki groaned, "I'm not bringing it with me at all."

"So what? You're just gonna go through withdrawal while you go see her?"

"I'm not gonna go through withdrawal dude. Back off."

"Yeah okay," Jude snorted. "Tell her I love her."

"Tell her yourself when she finally mans up and calls you."