☆ EIGHTEEN ☆

chapter song:the killers: read my mind"i never really gave up on / breaking out of this two-star town / i got the green light, i got a little fight / i'm gonna turn this thing around"

chapter song:
the killers: read my mind
"i never really gave up on / breaking out of this two-star town / i got the green light, i got a little fight / i'm gonna turn this thing around"

1983

"God, I don't want you to leave," El gasped as Nikki roughly shoved her up against the wall of her kitchen. His kisses were sweltering hot against her jaw and she couldn't breathe. Every nerve in her body was on high alert and the synapses firing in her brain were being overloaded with each graze of his teeth against her neck.

"I don't want you to leave, either. I don't know if I can stand being away from you," Nikki groaned. "I might just pack you in my suitcase and your band will just have to find an impersonator and kiss my ass."

"I wouldn't," she moaned as he shoved his knee between her thighs, "object to that."

Clothes were scattered across the floor. The room was too hot. Bruises and scratches littered their bodies. The kitchen table would surely have to be burned after their sexcapade. El and Nikki were tangled together on the hardwood partially underneath the table and it was all they could do to catch their breath.

"Call me everyday," El mumbled into his chest. "I'm gonna go crazy if I can't hear your voice, as annoying as it may be sometimes."

"Fuck off," he laughed, "of course I'm gonna call you. I've gotta keep you up to date on all the crazy shit Ozzy's doing."

"Fuck, I don't even want to think about," she groaned. "My boy's a rockstar now," she traced Everly across his chest with the tips of her fingers as a silent way to mark him as hers before they were on opposite sides of the world for months on end.

"Proud of me?" He asked.

"Always." She kissed his neck. A moment of comfortable silence passed over them. "Promise me you'll come back in one piece. This is going to be the best time of your life, but know your limits."

"It'll be easier knowing I have someone to come back to," he kissed the top of her head.

-

It was an ungodly hour of the morning as El sat in the airport with Nikki and the band along with a slew of other crew members and Doc. Nikki's leg was fidgeting out of a nervous habit, Tommy was passed out beside her with his head on her shoulder, Mick was ... Mick, and Vince was reading some music magazine.

"I can't believe this is finally happening," Nikki whispered to El.

She looked up at him with bright eyes and a smile the size of Texas. "You busted your ass to get here. You should be proud."

"I'm gonna be pissed if you don't answer the phone when I call," he laughs.

"I'll either be on stage or in the bus. You know me, Ms. I-Don't-Have-A-Life-Because-I'm-A-Recovering-Tweaker."