☆ NINE ☆

chapter songmac demarco: dreaming"maybe she's best in dreams / she's still the best i've seen"

chapter song
mac demarco: dreaming
"maybe she's best in dreams / she's still the best i've seen"

1981

Del and El sat in their rehearsal space waiting for practice to start. Tommy had joined them, saying something about how he was going out of his mind because he was "sooooo bored" and "needed something to do" before he lost his mind. Del and Tommy were arguing about which Aerosmith album was the best while El wrote fragments of potential lyrics in her journal. The argument was cut short after Del told Tommy to go fuck himself for saying that Get Your Wings was better than their self titled album.

It was quiet for a moment before Del turned to El with a knowing look and asked, "Hey, El, what'd you get into last night?"

"Went to Motley's show and then went home," El shrugged as she replied, taking a drink of water.

"Hm, really?" She raised her brows. "'Cause I'm pretty sure you were fucking Sixx last night."

Tommy's jaw dropped and El's eyes widened as she spit out her water and sent herself into a coughing fit. "Wha-What are you-That didn't-," she stuttered over her words, trying to explain herself.

"Don't lie, bitch! I came over to hang out this morning and saw y'all passed out in your bed naked!" Del laughed.

"Dude, what the fuck!?" Tommy exclaimed. He couldn't believe his ears.

El's face was blood red. "You seriously couldn't have just said something to me in private about this?"

"Eh," Del chuckled, "figured this was more interesting to Tommy than debating Aerosmith's discography."

"Dude, you fucked Sixx." Tommy said in disbelief.

"I did not fuck Nikki!"

"You were naked!"

"That doesn't mean anything!"

"Where there are naked girls, there is a naked Nikki waiting to pounce," Tommy added in with a laugh.

"Okay, well, we didn't have sex." El irritatedly sighed.

"So, what? You're telling me you guys just slept naked in the same bed?" Del asked.

"Not that it's any of your goddamn business, but yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you happened."

"That does not sound like the Sixx I know," Tommy took a drink of his Pepsi before letting out a disgusting belch, "at all."

El scrunched her face up in disgust and turned her attention back to Del. "He came over to watch movies with me, and then we," El gestured her hands, "kissed."

Del scoffed. "You don't just get naked from kissing. I think you're full of shit."

El rolled her eyes. "Okay, we almost had sex."