☆ TWENTY EIGHT ☆

chapter songdavid bowie: let's dance"because my love for you / would break my heart in two / if you should fall, into my arms / and tremble like a flower"

chapter song
david bowie: let's dance
"because my love for you / would break my heart in two / if you should fall, into my arms / and tremble like a flower"

1984

Nikki dusted kisses on El's hairline before leaning down and whispering, "Wakey, wakey, pretty baby." El sighed a moan of frustration before trying to bury her head deeper into her pillow. She was not in the mood to do anything at all except lay in the bed tangled up with Nikki all day. "Eleanor, come on," he gently nudged her, "we've gotta finish packing."

"I know," she groaned, "I just don't wanna. I want to lay here with you," she pleaded.

"Well," he softly giggled, "think of it this way: the quicker we finish packing, the quicker we get to the new house, and the quicker you get to crawl back into bed with me."

El stifled a laugh. "That sounds dirty."

"I'm a dirty boy," Nikki reasoned as he pressed a chaste kiss to her lips.

"You're disgusting, is what you are," she snickered against his skin before rising up out of bed. "It's too early to be alive," she yawned as she stretched.

"It's noon," Nikki scoffed.

"Why the fuck are you awake before noon?"

"You woke me up with all your sleep talking."

"I do not talk in my sleep," El glared at him.

"Bullshit. Oh, Nikki! I just love you so much! You're so handsome and talented and you're so good in bed, you blow my mind!" Nikki was grinning like a madman and El was unamused.

"I did not say that," she snorted.

Nikki reaches out to pat her hand. "Maybe not in so many words, but you were definitely dreaming about me. Maybe you should check your panties," he shrugged with a smirk.

"I would, but I'm not wearing any," El stuck her tongue out at him as she ventured off to the bathroom.

Nikki collapsed back onto the bed with a groan. "Why do you torture me?"

"Because I love you," she laughed.

"Funny fuckin' way of showing it."

-

El wiped a bead of sweat off her brow before leaning down to pick up one of the many boxes in the moving truck. The California sun was sweltering and she had no idea why her and Nikki thought it'd be a good idea to move into a new home in the middle of summer. Despite the fact that she felt like she was going to die, she couldn't deny the feeling of school girl giddiness that swirled in her belly upon the thought that her and Nikki were taking the next step in their relationship. It was about goddamn time, they'd been together for three years by this point.

El was beyond happy for her and Nikki, and he could honestly say the same. They overcame everything that godforsaken tour had thrown at them and they made it to the other side. Nikki wasn't thrilled to be in rehab, but if he wanted to keep his relationship with El, then he needed to straighten up. Plus, he had big plans for the two of them and he didn't want to fuck that up by dying. El did fine in rehab, having been through it before, and she was more than ready to get her life back to normal.

The Sycophants had decided to take a temporary hiatus to heal from the loss of Ezra. If they tried to jump straight back into the studio, find a new drummer, and write new songs without Ezra, it'd be like pouring salt in the wound. They needed to rest and recollect themselves before taking the next steps in a new direction.

This leads to the summer of 1984. Nikki and El had finally found a house in Van Nuys, an english styled home with a massive master bedroom and a huge backyard where El could plant a garden and they could build a pool. It was perfect for them, and damn, were they excited.

El stood in the kitchen unpacking the box of plates and cups so her and Nikki could make sandwiches for lunch. He stood behind her, leaned against the doorframe, and he felt the twitch of a smile on his face as she danced around to whatever stupid ass new wave song was on the radio. He was amazed that the beautiful, talented, bull-headed woman that stood before him was his woman. Nikki was never the type to make any plans regarding women that weren't strictly how to get them naked and in his bed; but, after that first night he spent at El's house, he suddenly had all kinds of plans. Plans that involved a ring, a house, and a couple of kids. Maybe a dog, too.

El turned around to reach into the fridge but jumped about a good ten feet in the air when she saw Nikki just standing there and staring at her. Creep. "Jesus, what the fuck are you doing? You nearly gave me a heart attack," she placed a hand over her heart for dramatic effect.

"Just admiring you," he smirked.

El rolled her eyes. "Gag me with a spoon," she snarkily replied, but she felt the blood rush to her cheeks. It was annoying to her that they had been together for so long and he still had the power to make her blush, but Nikki loved it. It meant he hadn't lost his touch.

"I can gag you with something else if you're interested."

"Is sex all you think about?" El giggled.

"It's pretty hard not to when you look the way you do. You should know this by now," he chuckled as he approached her and gripped her hips. He gazed down into her eyes and she felt her nerves prickle under her skin. He was so intense and his love and lust was all-consuming. Her mouth was watering and she felt the heat spread from her belly to between her thighs. Let's Dance by David Bowie began to blare through the speakers of the small radio sitting on the counter and a loud laugh erupted from El, killing the moment. Nikki hung his head in mild frustration and he peered up at her smiling face through his hair and couldn't help but laugh himself.

"C'mon, baby," she grabbed his arm and spun herself under it, "let's dance."

"Let's fuck," he replied, looking down at El.

All of a sudden, the front of her body was flush with his and she roughly grasped the front of his t-shirt and jerked him forward until his face was mere inches from hers. "If you help me get the rest of these boxes in and the essentials unpacked," she dragged her nails lightly down his neck which elicited a shiver from him, "we will christen every room in this house before the day is over." She took her other hand and grazed her thumb against his lips to which he sucked lightly into his mouth. His eyes darkened at the tone of her voice, raspy and seductive, and the hair on the back of his neck stood at attention.

He released her thumb with a pop and moaned as he laid his forehead against hers. "You've got yourself a deal, Everly."

-

a/n: oh?? my god?? did i actually post a happy chapter? who am i???? let me know whatchu think babies, i love y'all