The Rain Song

Robert's POV

The next thing I know, the stewardess is shaking me awake. My eyes flutter open as she moves down a few aisles to the next person. I felt Erin's head on my shoulder, and she was sleeping so peacefully and looked so beautiful, I didn't want to wake her up. Jimmy rolled over and stretched, which woke up Erin. She looked up at me with tired eyes and smiled. The three of us got off the plane, meeting John, Peter, and Bonzo, who had already gotten our bags. We all piled into a limo, surprisingly, no crazed fans or mobs of groupies came up to us. We drove to the hotel, where Peter checked us in. We got three rooms, and Bonzo immediately called Pagey as his roommate.

"Why me? We were roommates in San Fran." Jimmy sighed. No one really wanted Bonzo. He snored. A lot.

"We're best mates! Come on, Jim Jam," Bonzo grabbed his bags and headed for the elevator. Jonesy followed, Peter staying behind to yell into the phone some more.

I wanted to ask Erin if she'd share with me, but I didn't want to appear too forward. After all, I met her just yesterday.

"Robert?" I looked over at Erin, crushed between me, Jonesy, and some random stranger in the elevator.

"Yes, love?"

She giggles when I called her 'love'. It was so damn cute.

"I don't really know anyone besides you and Jimmy, and he's taken, so to speak, so could I room with you?" She gave me that I-don't-know-what-the-hell-to-say look.

"Sure, just as long as I get the bed by the window."

Erin laughed, bumping her bag into the Joney's knee. He sighed and started to make conversation with the woman next to him.

Erin and I got to our room, 519, Jonesy got 512, and Pagey and Bonzo got 515. Erin put her bag on her bed, then collapsed on it. "I'm hungry." Was all she said.

I sat on my bed, picked up the phone and called for room service. Erin didn't really unpack, she kept everything in her bag so she wouldn't have to pack up anything when we left.

We got room service, ate, then we met the rest of the band and Peter and drove to Madison Square Garden. We got ready to perform. Erim sat on the couch with Jonesy, putting film in her camera and doing God knows what with it. As we took the stage, I saw Erin, with her "official photographer" badge, off to the side in the audience. She looked up from her camera and grinned. She was so incredibly beautiful. To be honest, I really wanted her. Not as a one-night thing, but forever. I knew that forever wouldn't happen, I did have a wife and kids, but, maybe for as long as she could be mine for the remainder of the tour.

I sang my heart out that night, and Jimmy, Bonzo, and John played until near death, as we always did. Erin met us backstage as Bonzo was telling us about a party a few blocks from here. I didn't know if Erin would want to go, but either way, I wanted to spend the night getting to know her.

"...And there's supposed to be 100 people! Maybe more, he said." Bonzo said as Erin came in, escorted by a security guard. She smiled at Jonesy, then gave me a playful punch on the shoulder on her way to the coffee table to get her camera case. I wandered away from the guys to her. Shit, I couldv'e changed, I must smell like a goat!

"You guys were awesome! I never thought I would go to two Led Zeppelin in the same week!" Erin grinned at me, her bag across her shoulder, hands in her pockets.

"Thanks, love, did you get good shots?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, I got tons, the lighting was great here."

"Well, you're lucky, we play again tomorrow night."

"Groovy! I can't wait." She picked up a cup of coffee thst Jimmy discarded on the table and finished it.