Going to California

Robert looked down at Karac, who wad asleep, and asked, "Can we go sit down? I'd like to talk to you."

I nodded my head and we sat down on a bench, Robert putting Karac in his stroller.

"So how have you been?" Robert asks.

"I've been good," since you broke my heart.

"That's, uh, that's good. I see that you're--y'know..." Robert gestured to my stomach and I smile. I hadn't realized how much I really was showing.

"Pregnant? Yes, I am."

"Oh, well congratulations. Where are you staying, if I may ask." Okay, so that is a not-so-subtle way to ask who's the father.

"I've been at Jimmy's ever since the tour ended.

Robert seemed surprised. "Jimmy? Well, that's great, that's really great."

I debate whether or not telling Robert that he is the father. I quickly decide I do not need to, that even though I am not on the best of terms with Robert, I dont want to put him in the position of having to care for three kids, one not being his wife's. I don't want any more drama.

"I hope that we can start to be friends again, I would really hate for us to be enemies." Robert looks down at his lap, where he entwined his fingers together.

"I'd like to take a shot at that, I think it would be worth it." I smiled, a real smile, at Robert.

We talk for a little while before we go our separate ways. I go home and hear the phone ringing. I quickly jog to the living room table and grab it, collapsing onto the couch.

"Hello?"

"Erin, finally, I've been trying to reach you!" I get a warm feeling at the sound of Jimmy's voice.

"I just got home--"

"Nevermind, Jonesy and his wife Maureen are coming over for dinner tonight, is that alright?" Jimmy interrupts.

I sigh. "James the house is a mess! And its already five, I can't fix a proper dinner right now!"

"Oh, come on, darling, you can do it, I'm sure of it. Just fix something small and nice, after all its just John and Maureen." I hear Jonesy in the background repeat, "Just John?!" And I stifle a laugh.

"Alright, Ill start now, just don't bring them over 'til at least 7:30."

"Great! Ill see you then, Erin, I love you!"

"Love you too, Jim Jam," I hung up.

Believe it or not, I managed to make a nice chicken dinner by 7:30, when Jimmy came through the door, followed by Jonesy and Maureen. Maureen was very beautiful, and Jimmy told me the two of them have been together since 1968, and are still very much in love. It was so cute to watch them, they were acting as though they were just married.

"Oh this is a lovely dinner, Erin, where did you learn to cook like this?" Maureen asked as she had a bite of mashed potatoes I made.

"My mom taught me pretty much everything, then I found some old cookbooks in the attic and found a bunch of recipes in them."

"Ah, yes, I remember Jimmy buying them to try and learn how to cook. That's how they ended up in the attic." Jonesy snickered.

When we finished dinner, I started to clear the dishes and get dessert. Maureen offered to help me.

"Thanks for helping, I appreciate it."

Maureen helped me put the dishes in the sink and we got the cake ready. I hear a guitar being strummed from the living room.

"So when were you planning on saying you're pregnant?" Maureen asked.

I almost dropped the knife I was holding.

"Don't look so shocked, its not that hard to tell." Maureen smiled, making me feel a little more relieved.

"How can you tell?"

"Well, you're about nine weeks, maybe ten, and you're absolutely glowing, you have that happy look that just screams 'I'm pregnant! I'm so excited!'" Of coure Maureen would know, having had 2 kids already.

"Jimmy knows that its Robert's, right?" Thats when I dropped the knife on the counter. How did she know?

"You're about nine weeks along, and nine weeks ago, from what John told me, you were quite happy with Robert, correct?"

I laugh nervously. "Yeah...I guess I was. But you promise you won't tell anyone that the baby is Robert's?" If word got out, it would mean a huge mess for everyone.

"Dont worry, your secret's safe with me."

In the living room, Jimmy broke out the guitar and mandolin and had me sing (Jimmy claims my voice is beautiful, but trust me, its not) Going to California. Then we jammed out umtil Jonesy and Maureen went home. All in all, a very good day.

A/N: Filler!! Sorry, have some writers block and idk where I'm going with this story. Next chapter will be up in a few days, school starts tomorrow after a week off so yeah. Swamped. I promise the next chapter will bring on so many feels tho.