Without You, Life's a Drag

I lay in bed that night, one hand playing with Jimmy's hair, while I admired my ring on the other. It was beautiful, a small diamond in the center, and two music notes, one bigger than the other, on either side of the diamond.

"Did you read the inside?" Jimmy asked. Inside? I took my ring off, and squinted to read a tiny inscription. It said, "Without you, life's a drag." I smiled, knowing that he thought of it from "Since I Been Loving You."

I kissed Jimmy's cheek and heard a crash from downstairs. Rog, Robert, Bonzo, and Moonie were spending the night, claiming that Jimmy's liquor cabinet is better than any bar. I was willing to accept that my birthday was over, but the guys wanted an after-party. I snickered when I heard Robert and Keith trying to sing The Beatles "Revolution".

Jimmy kissed my temple and pulled the covers over us, one hand on my stomach, while he snuggled against my neck. I heard him whisper "I love you," before I drifted off to sleep.

-------------

November 1

I went to the door when I heard the bell ring, and saw the postman had a package for us. Well, for me, actually. There was no return address, and the box was very light. Jimmy was still asleep, so I waddled over to the kitchen table and sat down. I used the scissors to open the box, and inside were several magazine and newspaper cuttouts. I picked the top one up, and it was from an issue of Rolling Stone from last year, just after Led Zeppelin III was released. It was a review by my dad. I read the opening lines:

Led Zeppelin III, the third studio album by the British group, Led Zeppelin, is an absolute train wreck! The opening song, "Immigrant Song" is a horribly written song that doesn't say anything, just spitting out useless lyrics. Other songs on the album, such as "That's The Way", and "Friends" are just acoustic jumbles.

I stopped reading, crumpled up the article and threw it across the room. How dare he say things like that that aren't even true?! I looked through the rest of the papers, finding strongly worded articles about Robert and Jimmy, pictures of Jimmy and I together, my engagement ring and my bump circled in red. I knew exactly who would send me this, too. My father.

Jimmy came downstairs and found me looking at the papers and we sorted through them until I was so sick of it that I threw the contents of the box into the fireplace. I wasn't just pissed off, I was scared. How did dad get our address? He could show up at our front door at any time. Jimmy saw how worried I was and made me some tea.

"You know, I was thinking we might do something for Thanksgiving, seeing as how this is your first year in England, I thought it would be fun." Jimmy sat with me on the couch. I thought it would be a lovely idea.

"Id like to do that, what did you have in mind?" I ask.

"We could rent a big dining hall, and invite Robert, Mo, Jonesy, Maureen, Bonzo, The Who, everyone we can think of, and all have dinner there together. I know just the place, too, there's a place in town we can rent for the evening. What do you say?"

"Id love to, Jimmy," I smiled. I was still a bit shaken up by the box, but this idea took my mind away from it.

A/N: bleh, I know its short :/ but I promise Ill post again either later tonight, or tomorrow morning (most likely tomorrow morning).