Oh, Baby, I Love Ya

A/N: Listen to the song, its a personal favorite of mine :)

I've been home from the hospital for a few days now, and even though Jimmy and I get little sleep, and I have been a bitch to him, we are as happy as ever. I see Jimmy with Melanie, and he completely sees past the fact that he isn't Melanie's biological father. I have seen moments where he holds her and smiles and kisses her little nose, it just makes me want to cry from the beauty.

I've heard that sometimes new mothers have trouble bonding with their newborns,  but I havent had this trouble. Sometimes when Melanie wakes me up in the midd of the night, I get exasperated with her, but I see her little hands and face and eyes...How could I get upset with her?

Jimmy hasn't been in the studio in over a year, since Houses of the Holy was recorded, and I knew he would have to get back into it soon. For now, he's busy with starting a record label with the rest of the band. The Who just wrapped up a tour and Roger and Keith have been a huge help. Well, Keith, not so much, but he hangs around the house a lot. Roger and I have been closer since Christmas Eve, he's like a brother to me. He helps with the chores, takes out the garbage, and does laundry. I'm glad for any help I can get.

One day in September, while Jimmy is meeting with Peter, I take Melanie out to the park. I roll her around in her huge stroller that John (Either Enty or Bonzo, I can't remember) got us at the baby shower. She sleeps for most of the way, but wakes up when I take her out to hold her by the playground. She gives me a weird look, like she's trying to smile. I hear footsteps and see Robert and Carmen approaching. Carmen runs over to me. "Aunt Erin! I've missed you so much!" Carmen hugs me.

"Aw, I've missed you too, sweetheart."

Robert sends her off to the playground and sits on the bench by me.

"She's growing quite a bit, isn't she?" Robert asks, watching Melanie.

"Oh, yes, she is, Carmen is too?"

"Mmhmm."

There was a bit of an awkward silence before Robert spoke. "She's mine, isn't she?" I whipped my head around to him.

"Who told you?"

"No one, its pretty obvious. Her hair, her face... everything except her eyes. And plus, you weren't with Jimmy back then." Robert kept calm, but I had an anxious feeling in my stomach.

"Yeah, she's yours. I--I just didnt know how to tell you." I look down at Melanie who is squirming just a bit.

"Its not that hard--"

"It is, considering how badly things ended up between us." I interrupt.

"Jimmy knows?"

"Of course he does. And he doesn't love Melanie any less." I say proudly.

"I don't doubt it..." Robert lets his words hang.

"Look, Erin, I'm really, truly sorry for how we ended. I had no right to toy with your feelings and hurt you like I did. And when we said we would try to be friends, I didn't try that hard. I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you, I'm sorry for how I treated you, I'm sorry I lead you on... I'm sorry for everything. I would like for us to just move on--or, better yet, forget we even had what we had. Just put the past behind us, and move on. You have every reason in the world to hate me, I won't blame you if you do, but can we please just try to get along and be friends?" Robert looked so sincere when he said that. He really meant it, so how could I not forgive him? I gave Robert a hug and let him hold Melanie. His eyes lit up, like when Jimmy holds her, and smiled when she pulled on his hair. That day, all was right with the world.

--------

July 10, 1975

I stood just inches from James Patrick Page II, my veil over my face, staring intensely into his eyes. I felt him slip the thin, gold ring onto my finger, I heard him whisper "I do", and then seal the deal with a kiss. And we were married.

Robert, who was Jimmy's best man, was the first to hug him (after me, of course), and Heather, Maureen, Emma, and Mo gathered around me, hugging me. But all I saw was Jimmy smiling at me, mouthing "I love you."

The reception was held at Robert's house, and there was a stage set up outside with instruments glistening in the sun. The Beatles blared from the amps connected to a radio. As I was chatting with Patricia, I saw a familiar blonde bob floating through the crowd. I excused myself and followed the person. She turned around and I was looking at my mom. I gasped. "Mom! Oh my god!" I ran to her and hugged her, her saying how much she missed me. "How did you know?!"

"Well, I got a letter from a man named Jimmy, and the rest is history! Oh, where is your husband, i really want to meet him!" My husband.

I led my mom through the crowd to where Jimmy and Roger were, talking with Pete and Peter. I introduced Mom to the guys, and she gave Jimmy a hug. I felt someone flick my ear from behind, so I turned around, ready to cuss them out, when I saw my own brother, Andy grinning like there was no tomorrow.

"ANDY!"

"ERIN!"

And we hugged each other to death. Andy was in his last year of high school, and was working on a mustache much like Bonzo's. He said that The Who was now his favorite band, so naturally he was trilled to meet Rog, Pete, John, and Keith.

While I chatted with Mom, I watched Jimmy and Robert with Melanie, who was almost fifteen months old. Robert held Melanie as Jimmy fixed her blonde locks. Since I told Robert, he helps with the baby, but not so much that he tries to take over for Jimmy. I'm grateful for all his help, not to mention Robert and the girls and everyone else.

"Excuse me, everyone," I see Robert, Bonzo, Jonesy, and Pete on stage, all with their respective instruments. "Thank you, Mr. Pete Townshend, we'd like to play a song for Jimmy and Erin, off of one of Led Zeppelin's albums, called 'D'yer Maker.'"

Jimmy appeared by me and took my hand and we both danced. My wedding day was magical. I know many women say that cheesy line, but its true, something someone wouldn't understand unless they've actually had a wedding.

Jimmy and I were honeymooining at a small cottage in Wales where Jimmy and Robert lived for awhile in 1970, called Bon-Y-Aur. Jimmy said it was so beautiful there, that I would love it.

As we exited Robert's house, heading to Wales, the guests threw the traditional rice, but Keith, of course, wanted something different. I head a loud popping sound, and streams of confetti rained down upon us. I looked back at Keith and gave him a thumbs up before being bombarded with hugs and well wishes. I kissed Melanie, who was staying with Patricia and James, my new parents-in-law. I sat in the back of the car with Jimmy, our luggage already in the backseat. I smoothed my wedding gown and curled up beside my husband, ready to face any new challenges life had to offer.