Bliss

I woke up the next morning, squinting as I had forgotten to close the blinds, and it was actually sunny today. Jimmy had one arm which I was using as a pillow, and the other he had placed on my stomach. It was getting bigger by the day now, and I am perfectly happy. If Robert never knows, I am fine with it. My baby doesn't need him, Jimmy is more than enough.

Jimmy. I couldn't believe how after I obsessed over Robert that I found myself in love with Jimmy. And I did love him. Jimmy made me feel useful, wanted, no, needed. With Robert, I was just there for him to hold, just his beautiful play-thing. I thought I loved him, and maybe for a while I did. But he threw it away, as you know what happened with us. But I was with Jimmy now, and I truly did love him.

I watched him sleep, his curls spread out this way and that, his lips in just a slight smile, the rise and fall of his chest. I smiled. I wanted to wake up to this every morning. I wanted this to be my life.

I looked back at Jimmy after getting lost in my thoughts for a moment. He was awake, smiling at me. "Good morning, love," he whispered.

"Good morning," I said and snuggled my head against him. He kissed my forehead.

"Jimmy?"

"Yes, Erin?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too. More than you could ever imagine."

After breakfast, Jimmy told me to get dressed, that we were going out today. I tried to put on a pair of bell bottoms, only to find they didn't fit. I tried Jimmy's, and they didn't fit either. Damnit.

I found a dress, it was a tan color, with a belt around the middle. I loosened the belt to the next-to-last notch, and the dress fell to my knees. I put on a long, black cardigan and a pair of shoes with a bow at each toe. I grabbed my purse and met Jimmy at the door. We drove to town, a few stores past the market, to a record store. I smiled, even though Jimmy had every record imaginable, I knew two that were missing. Once inside, I went to the rock records and searched through the alphabetically organized collection. I found what I wanted and went to the new releases, finding the second record with ease. I went to Jimmy who was looking through the old Blues stuff.

"Really? You listened to all those songs for three hours every night, and you still want the records?" Jimmy studied the covers of Houses of The Holy and Led Zeppelin IV. The only two we didnt have.

"Yes, I need to complete the collection!" I grinned.

"Alright, but find something else, too, maybe pick up some .45's?"

I picked out Deep Purple, Paul Simon, and George Harrison, along with a few others, before Jimmy said we could go. Secretly, I think he just wanted to find The Who's last album, Who's Next. He tried to sneak it past me, but I saw him hand it to the cashier.

Jimmy paid for our records and put the bags in the car. It was a lovely day out, only about 70°, so we took a stroll through the park. Jimmy took my hand and led me down the concrete path, passing the playground, the lake, and he took my into the forest. It was very beautiful, shaded so it was cooler, the trees towered about the path, a few fallen leaves here and there dotted the concrete. There was a small pavilion overlooking the lake at the edge of forest, and we stopped to sit there. The morning sun warmed the lake, a gentle breeze made small waves and ripples, going this way and that.

"Its so beautiful here,"  I thought out loud. Jimmy smiled at me, kissing my hand. I felt myself blush, as I often do at Jimmy's little signs of affection. In fact, things like that, along with Jimmy's smile, laugh, how his eyes lit up when he saw me, it all gave me a feeling deep inside my crazy little heart. A feeling of hope, happiness, love. I was not just content with life, I was happy with where I was.

Jimmy leaned in to kiss me, sealing my thoughts. He would always be there for me, no matter what. Knowing that Jimmy loved me, I know that whatever happens, I, Jimmy, and my--no, our baby, will be just fine.

A/N: So, since Erin is happy and everything is happy and everyone's happy, Ill add some new characters in the next chapter, then a *spoiler* disaster will happen in a few chapters. Hehe