Happy Thanksgiving... I Guess

"So, we have Enty and Alison, Pete, Karen, Emma, and Aminta, Roger and Heather, Keith, Bonzo and Pat, Jonesy, Maureen, and their girls, Robert, Mo, Carmen, and Karac, Peter Grant, Richard Cole, You, me, and your parents. That's... twenty-five people." I said as I put Jonesy's placecard next to Entwistle's. I had insisted to Jimmy that I do the seating arrangements, as I wanted this to be a perfect little party. I didn't want food fights, fist fights, people being kicked, people arguing, and certainly no toilets being destroyed. With much emphasis on the last one.

I was sitting at the head of the table, with Jim at the other end. To my left was Keith, so I could keep an eye on him, and to my right was Maureen. Next to her was Heather. Jimmy sat by Pete (Townshend) and his parents. The rest were mixed in, Enty, Jonesy, and Peter sitting together, Roger, Robert, and Bonzo together, and we had a separate kids table.

Things should hopefully go alright. There was one thing worrying me more than Moon the Loon, and that was meeting Jimmy's parents. No matter how many times Jimmy said they would love me, I still was nervous as hell that they wouldn't. I mean, if my dad doesn't like Jimmy, why should Jimmy's dad like me?

Thanksgiving night, I kept bouncing from the kitchen to the entry way, checking on the chefs cooking the food and then greeting guests as they arrived. I made this a formal event, so, all the guys wore suits (Jonesy is actually wearing a tux) and all the women wear dresses. Mine is a dark maroon, halter-neck dress that comes down to the floor, and I did my hair up nice. I wore my ring, a small silver necklace, and a pair of fake diamond earrings. Jimmy wore a black suit, and I convinced him to wear a tie the same color as my dress.

Pete, his wife, Emma, and their two daughters came, and I directed them to the kids area, where Carmen was and where Mo was taking care of Karac. I had met Emma once before, and she is really nice. Keith rode with Roger and Heather, and I stopped him before he went to get a drink. "Moonie, remember what I told you over the phone?"

Keith sighed. "No food fights, no explosions, no punches, no kicks, no trashing the room, and don't get too drunk."

I smiled. "Very good! Now, even without your usual antics, you can still have fun." I adjusted Keith's tie and sent him along his way. Jimmy came through the door with his parents and I took a deep breath. Jimmy smiled and introduced me. "Mum, Dad, this is Erin, Erin, these are my parents."

"Hello , Mr. and Mrs. Page, its a pleasure to meet you," I shook Mrs. Page's hand, then did the same for her husband. "Please, call me Patricia, and its wonderful to finally meet you. You're right, James, she's just as lovely as you said!" Patricia said, and I beamed.

"And I'm James, nice to meet you," Mr. Page said, looking hurried. "Son, wheres the bar?"

"Right this way, dad," Jimmy led his parents away, winking at me. I smiled back. That actually went well.

Dinner was ready at 7:30, and everyone sat in their assigned seats without any issue. One of three bowls of mashed potatoes sat in front of Keith and he was staring longingly at them. I kicked his leg under the table while James (Sr.) said a prayer. We passed food around, and whenever Keith looked like he wanted to cause issues, I gave hI'm a death glare. I doubt that Jimmy's parents have ever met Keith, so they didn't know what to expect. My sanity thanks Maureen for sitting by me. I watched Jimmy at the other end of the table, and he was chatting with his parents and Enty, Roger was stuffing his face while Bonzo was chugging back wine. Jonesy and Pete had a little conversation going, and Richard was checking out Emma. That stupid bastard.

Keith kept tapping his foot against the floor anxiously. Then he stood up and started to tap his spoon against his wine glass. "Excuse me! I would like to make a toast." Everyone stopped eating and talking and picked up their glasses. "Id like to thank Erin and Jimmy for having such a lovely party for an occasion we don't normally celebrate. So, to Jimmy and Erin!" Keith raised his glass and then gulped it down. I smiled at how mature he was. I turned to Maureen and wet something warm and wet on the back of my neck. I turned and saw Keith grinning, spoon in hand.
No, Keith!! Please don't! I thought, but keith picked up another yam and yelled, "Food fight!" And chucked the yam at Roger's head. Roger retaliated, and soon, Pete, Robert, Bonzo, and Richard all joined in. Food went everywhere. The kids at their table joined the fun, Maureen and all the women ducked under the table. Jimmy looked at me with wide eyes, them grinned, picking up his plate amd dumping it on Peter Grant.  I shook my head and someone hit me on the forehead with an entire stick of butter. It landed in my lap. I picked it up and shoved it down the back of Keith's shirt. I wasn't going to fully participate, I just wanted to get rid of the butter.

Jimmy's parents watched in awe as the fight progressed, the waiters got hit with food, Robert got a face full of gravy, and Carmen hit people with peas. I stood my ground and attackes anyone who so much as thought about hitting me with food. Keith stood and started to tiptoe away. "Moon! Where are you going?!" I barked over people's shouts.

"I gotta use the loo! Dont worry,  Erin." However, about five minutes after Keith left, I heard and explosion from the men's room. Everyone stopped the fight, and turned to the door. A few minutes later, Keith came out, his suit wiped free of food, and grinned at Pete, who gave him a thumbs up, before going back to his seat.

I glared at him, knowing now that Jimmy's parents were not happy. Keith just smiled nervously as he continued to eat like nothing had happened.

The party ended at 9, Rog, Robert, Keith, Bonzo, and Richard were headed to a bar, everyone else going home. Keith better not come around any time soon, if he knows what's good for him.

A/N: a little filler I guess, brace yourself for the next chapter.