Lets Get Drunk!

At Zeppelin's second show at Madison Square Garden, I took many pictures, mostly of Robert. He would look at me every once in while, wink, or smirk at me suggestively, and I would snap a picture. Yep, I was head over heels for him. I couldn't wait until we got on the bus to Philadelphia.

After the show, I fought my way backstage to Robert's dressing room and knocked on the door. The door flung open and Robert smiled at me. He was still dressed in his tight blue bell-bottoms and open shirt. He went to hug me but I backed away.

"Not with you smelling like that, go change!'' I demanded.

Robert stuck his bottom lip out at me, then grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom. I sat in front of the mirror and fixed my hair. I felt so lucky right now. I had a job, a kick-ass job, as a matter of fact, I was with an amazing and beautiful man, how could this get better?

Robert came out, clean clothes on, and asked me, "Now can I get a hug?"

Jimmy's POV

After the show I ignored the groupies and went straight to my dressing room. I took a bottle of Jack Daniels out of my bag and took a long swig of it, letting the alcohol burn all the way down. I needed that. All night, all I could see was Erin, smiling behind her camera. Smiling at Robert. It made me upset, knowing she would only be hurt in the end. Damnit, why did I care about her? I never cared for any girl that much, not one of Robert's girls. I smirked. Robert's girl. That's all she was to him, a girl to keep him "grounded". A girl who would willingly have sex with him when a groupie wouldn't. She was a... long term groupie to him.

And that's not to say I'm not the same. I have done many things, mostly including women, that I am not proud of, but I would never hire a girl as photographer, then start a relationship with her only to let her down in the end. Robert would just say, "You were great, babe, but I got a wife and kids to look after," and be done with it. He probably wouldn't tell her until we got back to Europe. He would leave her stranded there. That's just fucked up.

*Erin's POV*

As soon as we got to the hotel in Philly, Robert and I both went to sleep. We didn't have a show for two more nights, so I was really looking forward to spending all day tomorrow with him. I still couldn't believe he liked me. Me, of all women, he picked me. It made me feel so special.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend the next day with Rob. Bonzo took him right after breakfast, going God-knows-where. Robert kissed me and said he would take me out to dinner tonight, and make it really special. Of course, I couldn't wait.

I hung out with Jonesy in his room, he showed me a little about the bass, then Peter wanted him for something. I went to the room where Jimmy was lucky enough to share with Peter, and knocked on the door. Jimmy hadn't shown up to breakfast, and I was a little worried about him. Pagey opened the door, his hair messy, still wearing last night's clothes and smelling like a brewery. His eyes lit up when he saw me. "Hello, Erin, how are you?"

"I'm good, just wondering what you were up too."

"I just sort of woke up..." he blushed a little.

"I could tell," I laughed. "Are you busy today?"

"No, don't think so. Why? Getting tired of Robert already?"

I giggled. "No, he went out with Bonzo, he said he'll pick me up for dinner at 7, so I have nothing to do until then."

Jimmy tapped his finger against his chin. "Actually, I do have plans, I'm afraid."

I felt my face drop. "Oh, okay, that's fine. What are you doing?"

"Hanging out with you," Jimmy grinned.

I punched his arm. "Not cool!"

Jimmy laughed. "Give me fifteen minutes and Ill be ready."

Jimmy and I spent the entire day together, wandering through Philadelphia, and I got to know him a lot more. He told me about his interests in astrology and the occult, and from what he's told me, its really interesting and I want to learn more about the two. Jimmy said he would let me borrow a few books he has.

I told him more about my art, how I started doodling when I was younger instead of doing my schoolwork, and how I took an interest in painting. I told him more about my life in San Francisco, about my parents, my brother. I really liked Jimmy, he seemed to want to be my friend, and he actually cared about what I had to say. I never really had a friend, I guess.

At 6:30, we went back to Robert's and my room, and flipped cards into a hat, still deep into our conversation. 7 came, then 8, and Robert never showed.

"He said he would be here over an hour ago!" It was now 8:30.

"I hate to say it but I think you have been stood up." Jimmy took some Bourbon from the cheap minibar and gulped it down.

"I guess so," I frowned.

"Hey, cheer up, he's probably out with Bonzo and forgot to check his watch. Tell you what, have you ever drank before?"

Now he had my attention. "I've had white wine, if that counts."

Jimmy smiled. "Come on," he took my hand and led me back to his room. Peter was nowhere to be seen, so Jimmy told me to sit down as he looked through his well-stocked minibar. He took a bottle of Jack Daniels and two glasses and brought them to the tiny coffee table I sat in front of. Jimmy sat across from me and opened the bottle. "Now, the key here is, drink it fast, but not so fast that you choke on the drink itself. Just fast enough so that it doesn't sting too bad," he poured some of the strange smelling liquid into the glasses. "Keep the glass close to you in case you want to spit it out." Jimmy handed me a glass, then chugged his back with ease. I gave the drink a sniff, then followed suit. It was surprisingly potent and it burned like hell (pun intended). I managed to swallow it all, but my whole mouth felt like it was on fire. I fanned my mouth with my hand, then tried to get up, but fell back into my chair, slightly dizzy. Jimmy had an amused grin on his face. Really all I wanted at that point was some water. However, Jimmy had other plans. He poured me another shot and said it helps to drink more. So I did. And then I drank more. And more, until we had finished the bottle.

I stood up, and for the hundreth time tonight, fell back in my chair. "I wanttttt moreeeee," I sang, imitating Robert's voice. Jimmy laughed, not as drunk as I was. "Whadda we got?" I slurred.

"We gots, um, Tequila, lotsa Tequila. And we got Bourbon and some, some Vodka, or Wodka, as the Russians say it."

"What's Suburban?" I asked, making Jimmy bust out in laughter.

He hands me the bottle and I drown a few ounces. By this time I can't even feel my throat.

"Jermmy, this tastes the same," I say, slurring Jimmy's name. "I wanttttt something differnttttt!" I sing loudly, giggling. Jimmy takes a drink of the Bourbon and returns with Vodka, Tequila, a few salt packets, and a lime. Vodka was pretty good, and Tequila shots were a new experience. As a matter of fact, everything on this tour was a new experience.

Around 2:30, I think I pass out on Peter's bed, and Jimmy does the same in his chair. I think he got drunker then I did. I remember singing "Good Times, Bad Times" twice, toasting the Irish, and a whole bunch of other things I had forgotten by morning.

I am actually naming chapters now :D