Livin', Lovin' Maid

Jimmy's house amazing inside. It was very big, a bit cold, and dusty, but it was beautiful. The entryway was spacious, with a closet where I put my coat in. The living room was partly a library, there were dozens of books on shelves, two old couches, a TV, minibar, a guitar, piano, mandolin, a little coffee table, and a fireplace. The kitchen was huge, along with the dining room.

Jimmy led me upstairs and gave me a nice, little room facing the woods. It had a beautiful view. The bed was king-sized, and had a curtain to draw back around it. I had my own bathroom, walk in closet, and a desk. I loved my room so much.

It was almost four, so I went to the kitchen while Jimmy was taking a nap to see what there was to eat. I wasn't surprised to find nothing in the fridge. Literally, nothing. I opened a phone book and found directions to a market in walking distance, so I jotted a note for Jimmy, grabbed my purse, and headed down there. It was a mere ten-minute stroll from the Tower House. I enjoyed the hot July weather. It was rather sticky, but clouds formed above, promising rain. I grimaced at the thought of rain, It reminded me of a particular song...

 I remembered my birthday was coming up in September. Funny, last September, I believe I was at a Rolling Stones show. The September before that, I was in school. And the September, before that, I saw The Doors. And this September, I will be in England. Go figure.

At the market, I picked up some things for dinner and breakfast tomorrow, deciding to maybe borrow Jimmy's car tomorrow to make a proper shopping trip. Over the years, mom had me do the shopping, so I knew what to get. She also taught me to cook, so knew what I was doing in that department, too.

I got back to the house and turned on the stove. I was going to make spaghetti, and also make some cookies. Hardly proper for a first meal home, but what can you do? As I cooked, all I could think about was Robert. I really wanted to spend the next few weeks crying my heart out, but I knew Jimmy wouldn't allow it. There really weren't words to describe how I feel. I got the sadness and anger part all in one night, so I guess the emptiness comes next. What then? I had to look up the five stages of grief thing I once read about.

To get my mind off of Robert, I put a record on. I found Led Zeppelin II (yeah, way to go, Erin, listen to Robert will help you get your mind off of him!) and put it on. Then, in the middle of the kitchen, since Jimmy was asleep, I began to dance. "Whole Lotta Love" came first, so I grabbed a spoon and began to lipsync and impersinate Robert. I flipped my hair, held the spoon like a microphone, headbanged to the beat, just as I had seen Robert do for the past few months. It was rather fun. After the song ended, I heard clapping. I turned and saw Jimmy watching me, a smirk on his face. I felt myself blush.

"That was fabulous! You should go on the road with it!" Jimmy walked over to the turntable and played The Lemon Song. I rolled my eyes and stirred the pasta sause.

"So, remember I told you something about a job?" Jimmy asked, leaning against the sink.

"Oh, yeah, I do, what is that about?" I pour some sause onto the pasta, then let it sit on the stove while I start salads.

"Well, I will be needing someone to cook, clean the house, y'know, do stuff like that. So, maybe you'd be interested?"

I don't even think before I agree.

A/N: I knowwwww super short but I wanted to get a quick uodate out there. Ill update soon, and things will take a little twist (: Love all my little readers xx

A/N, Part 2: So, I edited this for it to be chronologically correct, Led Zeppelin toured May-July, so Erin's birthday is now in September. Damn me for not doing research :P