☸8☸

♦♦♦♦

It was fortunately again a Sunday and tomorrow was Mahira's birthday. And almost everything was done.

I was lying on the sofa, while Mahira was sitting before me, on the floor, among the crowd of her toys.

Bela, on the other hand, was standing near the window sipping her coffee.

It was a peaceful day. However, I still felt weak.
When I talked with doctor, about this weakness, he said it's quite normal during first few transfusions.
Dad, however tricked Bela into believing that I had mild fever, like I had many times before. And it's nothing serious. Thank God that my skin was a little feverish.

Nonetheless, I still couldn't believe what I felt yesterday. I still couldn't get over it. And that was the reason, I have been awfully quiet since yesterday.

****

"Mahir I won't hurt you again!"
Gulping the lump in my throat, I said, "You didn't hurt me Bela...I am fine!"
"Dad...Dad told me...You...You had a....Viral...!"

I heaved a huge sigh of relief.
It felt like I was on the verge of getting caught.
I glanced over dad, and he smiled reassuringly at me.

Then he slowly headed towards us, and discreetly picked up Mahira, who was near my head.
She quietly went away with her grandfather, as if understanding the signals he was giving me.

Then I noticed the one in my arms.
"Bela...."
As if getting a cue, she spoke up again, "Mahir how can you be so careless! You worked like a bull...You were bound to get ill.", Her voice showed fear.
"I am fine...Bela..", I said in a still fazed voice.
'i am fine', seemed to bring back her to reality and in a matter of second, she got off me like I was a plague.

Hurt clouded me all over again. I felt dejected. The loss of her homely warmth was too much to bear.

"..I had fever because I got soaked in the rain last night. Nothing much.", I said trying to get up.
"Where are you going!?", She asked me immediately.
"To grab some fruit juice. I am hungry.", I told her in a monotonous tone.
I started to walk away and head towards the door.
"Stop", her voice stopped me midtracks.

"Since when you started drinking fruit juice!?", A breath caught my neck.
Shit!
Damn!

  - make up something!! Fast!!

"People change Bela..!", No I don't have to be rude, "I have to drink fruit juices because I was suggested it in the gym. They are better than protien shakes.", I turned slightly and saw her nodding.

Thank God she bought it.

****

This was because I decided I should do less interaction with her.
She knows me so well, that it will be very difficult to hide the truth from her. Slightest change in my being will give her an idea that something is fishy.

"Dadda!", I hear Mahira call and I immediately turn to her.

What I see nearly made me drop my jaw.

My Mahira was standing on her own feet without any support.

"Bela!", The first thing that came to my mind.
She turned in a blink of an eye and as soon as she saw the scene before me, she mirrored my expression.

"Oh my god!", She came towards Mahira and so did I.

Seeing our excitement, Mahira started clapping.

"Bela click her photo!", I said and she frantically began searching her phone in her pocket.
I turned to Mahira, and spread my arms, "Baby come to dadda!"
"Mahir watch out, she may fall...I am making a video...", I nodded at her and directed my attention to Mahira.
"Baby walk to dadda...", Bela said.