EPILOGUE-2

NARRATOR'S POV

"Mahi look in that drawer!"
"Yeah!", He opened the drawer and shuffled the things in it, only to get nothing.
"No Boss!", He groaned, "Nothing's here."

Mahira too checked in the cupboard, which went in vain.

"Boss you sure mumma dadda kept it here. It's a important thing..They won't leave it around like that."

"Junior who is the big one here!?"

"You!", Mahi answered in a duh tone..

"So listen to me quietly.", She pulled him on the bed next to her, and put her hand around his shoulder.
"Yesterday, when I came back from school, I saw mumma and dadda here, reading some drafts together. And I am sure it is the same we saw them reading on their wedding anniversary. The first one."

He nodded his head, "Boss you remember last time, mumma was crying because of that."

"Yeah. And dad too looked so sad, when hugged her.", She pointed out.

"We should check in their bedroom.", Both said in unison, and then ran in the direction.

Mumma and dadda both were not at home.
Aiden uncle couldn't stay with them, for he had some work.
And their nanny Maddie was already worn out, as the two planned out. Hell, the old lady had her most difficult part in dealing with those two Sehgal brats.

"Look in mumma's side.", Mahira said hastily knowing they have very little time to find and read the stuff that bothers both her mumma and dadda so much.

They were searching the second drawer in Mahir's closet when something fell near their foot.
When they saw what it was, Mahira's eyes widened.

This was it!

A blue coloured book titled 'MY HEART SPILLS- DRAFT 1-10', written by Bela and then another titled 'MILES AWAY-DRAFTS', written by Mahir.
She remembers the colour and faint red outline she saw then.

"Junior! This is that book!"
Mahi's eyes widened and he took a look at the book.

The two looked mischievously at the book, then glanced at the clock.
There were still ten hours since mumma and dadda will return from the writer's gala they have in India.

"Let's read!", The two squealed in unison.

Searching a safe corner, the two sat in utter unity, and began reading.
Since Mahi was 14, he felt difficulty in interpreting some of the lines written by his mumma. While Mahira, being a book addict, and also a little writer like her mumma could interpret the deeper meaning of the lines.
When Mahi asked her to explain, she would call him a dumbo, and then explain him careful she doesn't tell him more than he could take.

Being 16, and remembering her parents deep in love, she never thought that there was this phase in their life, which nearly had them shattered.
She knew her parents married twice. Because there were photos about that. One was a lavish great indian wedding. While other was a simple wedding in a temple, where she herself was present.

What she never understood was the need of marrying twice. But probably today, she'll get all her answers.

Mahi slept halfway through.
He thought the story was about some random couple, Xavier and Amaya, who were in 'more-than required love'.
For him his Mumma and dadda were best couple, and he's going to keep it like that.

****

It was past midnight, when the door opened revealing the couple, who seemed to be getting more in love, as each day passed.
Twenty five freaking years, since they walked in each other's lives. And the days seemed to be getting more beautiful together.