☸16☸

I retreated back

I retreated back.
And then my steps halted again.
If I can't go in, then I can't back off even. How will I bear her sobbing on the other side of the wall.

And what about her Mr. Donor. She expects comfort from him.

I ran back to my room.
And then made a phone call.

After the call ended, I went to Mahira.
"Baby wake up...It's important...Please baby!"
I pleaded and she stirred.
"Baby wake up...Let's go to mumma..!"

She blinked her eyes several times.
And because of the abrupt disturbance in her sleep, she started crying.
Great! That will be cherry on top!

I picked her up and went towards Bela's room.
Mahira was already crying on top of her voice.

I knocked several times, "Bela! Mahira isn't sleeping without you...!"

I heard some shuffling behind the door and then the door creaked open.
There she was, in the same clothes, eyes puffed and red.

I felt bad would be an understatement. I hated seeing her crying even when we were at the worst of our relationship and so I do now.

Her eyes drifted to Mahira and she took her in her arms, "Calm down baby...mumma's here."
Now everyone knows how much I love Mahira and how much she adores me. A typical father daughter relationship we have.
Yet, the bond she shares with her mother often makes me jealous of the two. The way they blend into each other.
Mahira wrapped her arm around her neck, and hid her face in her shoulder.

"Dadda bad!", She mumbled before sleeping.
Okay my kiddo is pissed off at me for waking her up in the middle of the night.

I chuckled and so did Bela. However, she didn't know why I suddenly shifted to my daughter's bad book.

"Let's have dinner.", I said quietly to Bela.
She nodded faintly, and settled Mahira on the crib.

We then, started eating after I served her.

Just midway, I spoke up, "I am sorry for yelling. I just lost my Calm. You know, when it comes to Mahira..."
"I understand. Your anger was justified. I just got busy chatting to....!", She trailed off as she realized what she was about to say, "....uh...One of my friends."

I decided to enjoy her exasperated state.
"Who!? Suhani!? Vyom!? Scumbag!?"
She nodded in no, however she regretted it the very next second.
"..uh... Someone from work..!"
"Oh!", Was all I replied.

As we finished our lunch, the doorbell rang.
I stood up but she beat me to it, "I'll check."

There was this delivery boy, holding a bouquet of white Lillies. Her favorite.
And as expected her face lit up.
There was another box, having nuts and fruit chocolates. Also her favourite.

She was looking at everything intently and this didn't notice, that I walked and now was standing behind her.
Over her shoulder, I peeked to see the placard in her hand,