EPILOGUE-1

BELA

"Mumma dadda is asleep.", Mahira whispered in my ears.
"Good where's Mahi!?"
"Mahi's here Mumma!", He came tip toeing with balloons in his hand, "How mut time is let!?"
{How much time is left!?}
"Just ten minutes. So go everyone and take your position.", I announced.
So both of them slowly went in mine and Mahir's bedroom.

Mahi had a balloon in his hand, and Mahira had a baby trumpet. I on the other hand was carrying the cake we prepared this evening while Mahir was at office.

Mahira got beside Mahir, and Mahir hugged her close, in sleep as his habit.
Mahi followed and got on other side of him, careful of the balloon.
Both of them wrapped their legs around his torso, claiming their territory. But since Mahira was bigger, she took more place.
Mahir hugged them both.

I often get jealous of this image before me, but that is their habit. Even they themselves can't help it.

I went and settled on whatever place remained on the bed.

I saw the two peeking continuously at me to get a signal, but I only shushed them quiet.

When there were just thirty seconds to go, I alerted them.

The two sat up at their position, slowly removing their dadda's hand from above them.

"Okay kids....Five....Four...Three...Two...Go!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDA!!!!!!!!!!!", They yelled like there's no tomorrow.

And their dadda was startled, "What!? What happened!?"

I started laughing when I saw Mahir all baffled.

"Happy birthday dadda!", Mahira leaned in to kiss him on the nose.
"Appy buttay dadda!", Mahi wrapped his hands around his neck climbing up on him, kissing one of his cheek.
Waving the balloon before him.

Mahir was still startled but he sighed when he realized what it is.
"Thank you Babies!", He kissed them and then looked at me, "Don't I get a wish from mumma!?"

I smiled at him, and ruffled his already messed up hair, "Happy birthday Mahir. I love you."

"Such a vague wish!", He mumbled under his breath..
"You have kids around you Mahir. Behave."

"Mumma let's cut the cake..", Mahira said impatient.
What can you expect from her when the cake is all chocolate.

"Yea Mumma!", Mahi yelled like a drama queen he is.

We cut the cake and the kids feast on it.

This is our yearly practice. Thankfully the kids are being more cooperative from the last year.
Mahi was one then and he started crying ten minutes before 12. Our surprise was spoiled. 

I made the two brush their teeth, while Mahir stood leaning at the washroom door. Smirking of course.

"You won't help me because it's your birthday.", I narrowed my eyes at him.

He smiled sheepishly and came to take Mahi's brush gently brushing his teeth.

Mahira was done and I made her sleep in the room next to ours. Mahir came with already yawning Mahi in his arms.
He laid them beside Mahira and I settled pillows around them.

Mahir was continuously smiling, and I think I knew the reason. Yet I acted like I don't know.

Once Mahi was fast asleep and Mahir was on the window answering Vyom's call, I decided to sneak out.
Way to tease him...

I hardly reached our bedroom when my hand was yanked back and I was pulled back, "Where to!? my wife!?"

I giggled mentally, "Mahir I am very sleepy. Had a long day...", I faked a yawn.