09.

song for chapter- hypnotized by notorious b.i.g.
(put on repeat)

this Friday night, Eli took me to a party with him. it was filled with Juniors, Seniors and multiple college people.

most of my school was here so i wasn't the only one. i wore a black tube top, black leather jacket, black strappy heels, and black ripped jeans. what can i say? it's my color.

as soon we stepped through the door, the scent of alcohol, sweaty teens, and weed hit me in the face. like most people here, i was used to it.

due to my hard week, i decided to turn up tonight's cuz why not? i made my way to the kitchen in the large house, almost mansion. once i reached the modernized kitchen, i spotted Will.

"HEY BITCH!" he yelled CLEARLY wasted.

"i want whatever you had," i laughed. in response he giggled and handed me a red solo cup filled with what looked like coke. it probably had rum in it as well.

i chugged the whole thing before downing three more shots. without another word i grabbed William who was talking with this husky guy and dragged him to the dance floor.

we started dancing along to the music that was blasting through the room. 'Hypnotized' was on and i started swaying my hips holding onto Will who was playfully twerking against me.

that was until i felt two big hands grip my hips making me turn around. and WHAT a sight that was. it was a guy a bit older than i who had chestnut brown hair swooped messily across his forehead, beautiful hazel eyes, SHARP jawline and HUGE muscles.

"don't quit dancing babygirl," his husky voice whispered in my ear. smirking, i turned my back towards him and started grinding on him. his arms snaked around my waist. letting the music take over me, i began dancing with him, arms now around his neck as i turned around.

but before i faced him, i saw Mandy in the corner of the room wearing a pink latex dress that showcased her boobs a bit and went down to half thigh.

i sent her a wink before smashing my lips against his. after 30 seconds, he smiled into the kiss before saying "hold on princess. i didn't even get your name," he chuckled.

"Richie," i answer.

"Grayson," he says back.

i turn my head to look at Mandy and she's still staring at me.

i stop dancing for a second and grab Grayson's arm, bringing his ear down to my level to whisper something.

Mandy's POV-

i see her her whisper in his ear before pulling back and a smirk growing on both of their faces.

it's not long before she grabs his hand and leads him up the stairs. i look to Will and see that he has his own man too.

i decided to follow the couple upstairs since all my friends were doing was bitching. the stairs were crowded by people making out, talking, and smoking.

after finally making it to the second floor, i catch up to Richie before she goes into the room.

"please don't do anything stupid," i say gripping her arm. i look towards the guy and give him a stare as if i were warning him.

"i can do what i want. when i want. how i want. and your stuck up ass isn't gonna stop me," she says, snatching her arm out of my grasp and starts making out with the guy.

i walk away after they close the door and make my way back to the crowded living area where Will was dancing.

i tap on his shoulder to get his attention. it works as he turns around to face me. his smile is quickly replaced with a look of disgust.

"what do you want?" he scoffs.

"Rachel's upstairs with this one guy. just wait for her i guess. be safe. both of you," i say before walking off to find Eli.

i find him in the kitchen talking with his friends. he said earlier that he wasn't gonna drink tonight.

"can you take me home?" i ask calmly. Eli knew the real me. i didn't have to put on a bitchy act for him. we weren't a couple or anything. just friends. yeah we started as a hookup but then i found out about Richie drinking and shit.

so i decided to cut it off.

"yeah sure," he says with a wink. he turns back to his friends to apologize for leaving so early.

we exit the house and make our way to the car. the drive was silent until he spoke up.

"so uh, what's happening with you and my sister?" he asks cautiously.

still looking out the passenger seat window i reply with a casual, 'i don't know.'

"oh come on, there's gotta be something going on. any person with eyes can see you guys have a thing for each other," he presses on.

"what do you mean?"

"i'm not an expert on anything but the whole time we were at the party, you couldn't keep your eyes off of her and it was clear that she was using that guy for revenge or a distraction," he explains.

i just nod in response in lean my head against the window waiting to get home.