12.

song for chapter- i need you by morrissey and marshall
or
begging by galvanic
(put on on repeat)

Mandy's POV-

"Mandy. i warned you. if you kept hanging out with that girl that i would send you away," my father reminded me. we were currently in his home office arguing about Richie.

"i know! i haven't been hanging out with her!" i defend. but the words that come out of his mouth show that he doesn't trust me.

"that's not what Julia has been saying," he says in response. he's been paying Julia to 'watch over me.' "Julia says you've been talking an awful lot to this girl. Julia also said-"

"i don't give a fuck what Julia says! this girl has gone through so much and she just needs someone! why can't i at least be her friend," i interject.

"AMANDA CHLEO LANCE! do you want to be sent to boarding school? the military? because i will put you in the military," he retorts.

"no you won't. it's October which means in 6 months i'll be 18 and i'll be able to move out of this hell hole with that girl! and guess what?! you won't be able to do anything about it! i'll find mom and i'll tell her all the terrible things you've done!"

"you will do nothing of the sorts young lady!"

"she needs me," i say calmly.

"ones broken heart is not for you to fix. now i'll tell you what you're going to do. you're going to walk straight to her house and you will tell her you can no longer be her friend or whatever you two are!"

with a huff, i walk out of the house and through the city streets that lead to her apartment.

i ran up the stairs that led me to her apartment. once i reach her door i don't bother knocking and i just walk right in, passing her three brothers who were smoking in the kitchen.

they just stare at me as i rush to her bedroom. the door is open but i quickly shut it once i stepped in. the loud slam caused her to look up from her phone.

her eyebrows narrowed in confusion as she drew her blunt from her lips, exhaling the smoke as she asks 'what are you doing here?'

"just listen! please! just shut the fuck up and listen for a minute!" i rush out.

"hurry up, i have a nap scheduled for right now," she says sarcastically. she gets out from under her blankets and walks to the window showing that's she's only in a bra and sweats.

she lifts her window and throws her blunt out before turning back around to face me. "well...i'm waiting," she uses hand gestures for me to carry on.

i take a deep breath in before beginning. "i love you," i say almost in a whisper.

her eyes widen and she starts laughing "get the fuck out," she manages to say between laughs.

"just listen!" i yell, about to cry.

"no! you can't just act like a bitch, tell everyone about my life at home, kiss me, switch up, and then decide you love me! you don't get to do that! that's not fair! sure i love you and i'm a bitch but at least i don't switch up on you!" she shoots back, breathing heavily as she slowly takes steps towards her bed.

"you love me?" i question in complete shock.

"get out," is all she says as she makes her bed. she looks up at me before repeating herself "get out!" she booms.

"no. shut up and listen," i say as walk towards her and grab her hands to hold her in place as i speak.

"make up your fucking mind," she whispers as she stares into my eyes.

"i love you okay? i might not show it around my so called friends but that's because they'll tell my dad," i explain.

"that doesn't explain why you're a bitch," she chuckles.

"shut up," i giggle. "i had to distance myself from you or get sent to boarding school. so i've been distancing myself from you by being a bitch i guess. and i know that's not right but i couldn't be away from you," i finish off.

"you ass," she laughs. gosh she's so beautiful when she laughs. i grab her face in my hands to bring us closer together.

"you're so beautiful," i whisper. she looks down trying. to hide her blush but i quickly grab her chin and make her look at me.

her blue eyes sparkle as i stare into them. it's like i'm trapped. tears dare to escape my eyes as one trickles down my cheek.

she's quick to wipe it away, tracing her thumb across my lips. i wrap her arms around my waist before i gently grab her chin in my hand once again.

i press a soft kiss on her forehead and then down to her nose. after placing a soft kiss on one cheek, i slowly leave a trail of kisses on the other leading to her lips.

finally i press a gentle kiss onto her lips as if she were as fragile as glass. she quickly kisses back following by her smiling into it, breaking the connection of our lips.