11.

song for chapter- truth hurts by lizzo
(put on repeat)

i walked through the halls earning stares, whispers, winks, woof whistles, smirks. all good things. i waved and winked at the group of football players who were staring and drooling.

it's like everything was in slow motion. it made me smile in pride. i finally felt above everything people told me. i continued to strut my way towards my locker, chewing my minty gum while blowing and popping bubbles.

"RICH! WHAT THE FUCK BITCH?!" i heard. i turned around with a smirk and spotted William running towards me. "what are you wearing? i'm not complaining! it's about time you fixed your look," he said referring me having my hair pulled into a high ponytail, heels, high waisted blue denim shorts and pink latex tube top.

"how rude," i say laughing. "i decided to shake it up a bit," i add. we kept walking towards my locker when suddenly, Julian the football teams quarterback swung his arm around my shoulder.

"missed you, princess," he winked. he and i used to have a little thing at the end of junior year until we faded out over the summer. none of us were fazed. all we did was have sex and hang out.

no strings attached.

"bet you did," i said with a smirk, pushing him off of me and continuing to walk. when we finally reached my locker, Will leaned against the one next to mine.

as i was putting my bag in my locker i heard the voice i've grown to hate the most. Julia's.

"OMG! Richie! is that you?!" she exclaims. i turn around to face her and see that she's covered her battle scars with a million pounds of make up. not only she was in front me, her and her clique that stood 4 feet away from me consisted of Olivia, a ginger, and Mandy with her boy toy Milo.

"i see you're bruises are healing, better move before i give you new ones," i retort.

"oh we just wanna talk," scoffed Mandy as Milo was basically attacking her neck with his mouth.

"oh sorry, looks like i gotta get to class before i get lectured by the mean girls," i say in a cheery voice. i turn to see Will just watching and rolling his eyes at everything that's comes out of these girls mouths.

"oh come on Rayray! stayyy!" pleads Julia in a teasing voice. i roll my eyes before walking towards my first class.

but before i can enter the door, i make sure to stick my favorite finger up in the air to all whose watching.

and boy do i wish i skipped school today. after sitting through my first couple of classes i realized i had to present our project in Mr.Wrights debate class. with. Mandy.

i'm not even sure if she's finished or how much we've worked on it. so here i am. giving Mandy, who's sitting next to me, the silent treatment as we wait to present.

"Miss Day, Miss Lance, would you like to come up to present now?" he asks as two other students who were just up take their seats.

"no," i mumble as i get up from my seat and walk towards the front of the classroom. i watch as Mandy grabs a flash drive out of her bag and walks up to plug it into Mr.Wright's laptop.

as she walks to the front of the class beside me, the projecter screen behind us shows a map of America that is two different colors according to state.

"today my partner and i will be presenting our project on why same-sex marriage should be legal," Mandy begins proudly. "this is a diagram of America that shows in which states it is legal and illegal."

"as you can see, Arizona is one of the thirteen states that hasn't made it legal. which is unfortunate for all the same-sex couples who are in love and wish to have a family," i say as i make eye contact with the class.

"can someone raise their hand and tell me why gay marriage should stay illegal?" Mandy asks. one of the teens in the class raises their hand and says "because some people find it gross."

"and how would you feel if gay people thought it was gross for straight people to marry? wouldn't you be offended? i mean all you're doing is getting married to the one you love right?" i state.

"we're not saying that everyone isn't entitled to their own opinion, we're merely stating the fact that other people's opinions shouldn't affect your relationship. just because you don't agree with someone marrying another person doesn't mean you should shut down the simple idea of them getting married," Mandy adds.

"as long as their not committing any crimes, then it should be legal," i finish off. we sit down as everyone applauds. Mr.Wright walks up to the front of the classroom in order to call more partners up.

as Mandy and i sit down in our seats, i see her smile at me. in response, i raise my middle finger for her, still looking at the teacher.

i've said it before and i'll say it again. two can play bitch.