Sin Eater: Chapter 14

“Sarah? Is that really you?”

A startled look of realization came across Sarah’s face as she looked at the way he was dressed. Then she closed her eyes and nodded. “You were in one of these rooms. Sleeping here. I get it. You’re one of them.”

She turned away from him and quickly stalked down the hall.

“Sarah?” Peter called after her. “Wait.”

She stormed down the hall and descended the stairs.

Peter ran back to his room, quickly pulled his pants on, then threw on a button-down shirt. He didn’t bother grabbing shoes, but paused long enough to grab the pair of sunglasses from his nightstand.

He raced down the stairs and out the front door.

Sarah was a full block ahead of him.

His bare feet slapping on the cold concrete of the sidewalk he raced to catch up with her.

“Sarah,” he called. “Please don’t leave. Please. Not again.”

She still didn’t turn, just kept walking away.

“Sarah! Please!”

Out of breath, he finally caught up to her, reached out for her arm.

“Sarah!” he said, pulling on her arm, managing to stop her from going forward any more. “Please. I just want to talk. I just want to understand.”

Keeping her eyes closed, she shook her head.

“I thought I already told you a long time ago, Peter.”

“I-I know. But a lot more has happened. I have so much to explain.”

“I don’t want to hurt you, Peter.”

“Then please. Come back with me. Come back and talk.”

“No,” she said firmly.

“Y-you don’t want to talk?”

“Not there.” Sarah said. “Come with me. My place.”

[The rest of this novel will continue to be rolled out on a regular basis here on Wattpad, but if you can't wait to read it, the print and eBook versions are available through all major online retailers. Publisher Atomic Fez's page (with links) is here:  http://www.atomicfez.com/book-catalogue/9781927609033.html]