Chapter 8 - The Fair's In Town (2)

(For some reason I love this photo)

Skylar sat down next to me and Chloe on the other side next to Colby.

"I finally saved Chloe from her sister and, using my skills, deducted that you would be eating so came here to meet up with you two lovebirds" Skylar explained casually, taking some of my fries and eating them with a tired look.

"We're not lovebirds..." I mumbled and she stole another fry with a shrug, "Stop eating my food!" I pulled it away from her and Colby chuckled.

"So are you filming or getting back into photography?" Chloe asked, moving on, and looked to my camera.

"Umm yeah, filming" I answered eating the remaining food had.

"I'm glad, you'll be fun to watch" she replied and I smiled at her. "So what are you planning on doing after this?" The redhead continued.

"It's getting closer to sunset so we're going onto the wheel thing to get some good shots" Colby explained.

"Okay have fun, we've already been on and I need some more candy floss before the fireworks start" Skylar explained jumping up and heading away with Chloe in tow.

I looked to Colby and we started to pack up, before making our way to the wheel. "Cinematic?" I asked and he nodded.

"Cinematic"

We got in just as the sun started setting and I filmed with my camera the sights as we made our way up. Once at the top, I flipped the camera to face us and we posed for some photos, which we could screenshot before, continuing the cinematics all the way down. It took a good fifteen minutes to get all the way around so once we were down the fireworks were being set up for when the night fell fully.

"I'll just check in with my family before we continue to explore before fireworks" I explained to both the camera and Brock. "Also these fireworks might be terrible I don't know" I commented and Colby chuckled lightly from behind me.

"So while Y/n is doing that, I'm going to get us some cotton candy and drinks for the show" Colby explained to his camera as we walked and I placed mine into my bag. I took my phone from my bag as Colby spoke to the camera, saying things I didn't listen to as I texted my mum.

~Time Skip brought to you by the I'm tired company~

The show went well and we got some more cinematic shots in before we left to get some sleep, talking about sleep that was the one thing I couldn't get right now. I tossed and turned in my bed, the covers swapping from covering my body to being half off then promptly thrown to the floor.

I looked up at the ceiling, a hand resting on my clothed stomach and the other just above my head, as I panted from the heat my room had produced. I shifted, getting up and opening the window slightly to let more air in and cool me; hopefully, then I could fall asleep.

After a few more tries, I gave up, walking all the way down to the kitchen quietly. I sighed into the darkness my eyes already adjusted to it so I could see what I was doing. until I heard a click and I was temporarily blinded. I spun around, my eyes now able to see, I realised Colby had walked in too and turned on the light.

"Can't sleep either?" He asked and I yawned,

"Nope but I'm tired as hell" I explained turning back to my drink. "Hot coco?" I asked and Colby walked up next to me.

"Please" He replied, his voice slightly raspy and it made my cheeks heat up.

I placed another cup of milk in the microwave, which sounded way louder than it would during the day, and waited. "You look good" Colby randomly said and I gave him a confused look until I realised what I was wearing. Pajama shorts and a black Take Chances hoodie, yep probably not the best thing to wear when the merch belongs to someone you live with. I smiled sheepishly and the ding of the microwave saved me from continuing to look at him with red cheeks.

I made the drinks then passed one to Colby, leaning on the counter and facing him, "Do you know what time it is?" I asked taking a small sip of my coco.

Cobly took his phone out before speaking, "2 am" He answered and I groaned throwing my head back and closing my eyes.

"I'm gonna be so tired tomorrow," I told him as I heard a glass set down on a countertop.

"Then you should probably be getting back to bed then" Colby replied, and I opened my eyes looking back to the brunette boy.

"If I could sleep I wouldnt be here in the first place" I shot back and he smirked,

"Good point" He nodded and I took another sip of my drink, his gone from his hands.

I yawned again, nodding to myself, he was right I needed to get back to bed, hopefully, I would be able to sleep this time. "Thanks," I told him as we began walking up the stairs.

"For what?" Colby asked.

"I don't know" I chuckled "Being my friend, talking to me and looking out for me, I guess" I shrugged.

"Well for those reasons you don't have to thank me" He explained and I couldn't help but let a smile play on my lips.

We made it to his door and we stopped, I looked up at him, the moonlight from the window making his cold blue eyes light up. His pupils dilated slightly, even under the harsh light, as he looked at me and I felt myself leaning closer to him, our noses almost touching as I lifted myself up onto the tips of my toes. I began to close my eyes until I heard the sound of a door opening and we quickly jumped back from each other, my eyes darting to the door I heard open, to see my mum stepping out with an exhausted look.

"What are you two doing still up?" She asked tiredly and I blushed brightly, hoping the dark of night held my cheeks secrets from her.

"Hot Chocolate" Colby explained holding the drink in his hand up, "Sorry Mrs Y/L/n, we were just about to sleep"

"No need to apologise and please call me Samatha" My mum smiled before walking back into her room and shutting the door quietly.

I breathed out a sigh of relief and I heard Colby doing the same, "I'd better go" I explained, walking to the hatch and pulling the ladder down. I started to climb up looking behind me to see Colby shutting the bedroom door behind him, I sighed lightly climbing up again, shutting the hatch and going to bed.