Chapter 10 - Brother Dearest

//Dominic Sherwood as Levi L/n//

@Levi_L/n

"You always find a way to get into trouble don't you, Rug-Rat"

~~~

Levi

Is calling...

I quickly picked up the phone, I haven't had a call from him in months.

'Hey, Tiny, how you been?' his voice rung through the phone speaking.

'Good, Egghead, how about you?' I replied with a smile.

'I'm alright, sorry I haven't talked to you lately I've just been really busy with work and final studying' He explained. 'anyway apparently, dad said ol' lover boy is back' I could hear the smirk on his face as he spoke.

'Yep, at least I've got a chance unlike you, Roadkill' I teased back, with a slight angry undertone

'getting creative with our nicknames now are we, Firecracker' Levi replied with a sight laugh.

'Gotta keep you on your toes. Are you still in your dorm or have you moved into an apartment?' I moved on,

'I'm in an apartment now, that's actually one of the reasons I called. I was wondering whether you'd want to come out sometime, obviously after this month because you have Colby over and I'm busy but... yeah' My older brother explained and my face broke out into a wide smile.

'Oh, my god! YES! I'd love to, just tell me when and where and--yes" I spilt out in an excited voice. I couldn't wait, I hadn't seen Levi in months and I've always wanted to go to California.

He chuckled slightly 'I'll talk to Samatha and Dad then and get it in the diaries, I can't wait to see you again, you'll love it out here. So... any gossip that your brother should know about?'

We spoke for another hour just talking about recent aspects of our lives and teasing each other with nicknames throughout. It was nice to talk to him again, I missed having him around the house and this was the next best thing, and I know you're not really meant to get along with step-siblings but we've always treated each other as if we were blood all along.

After our call, I decided I'd go out for a run. I got changed into some black sports leggings and a loose grey tank top before heading down stairs, getting my shoes on and heading out after saying goodbye to my parents

I started running along the gravelly path around the village I lived in. The sun was radiating down onto the shinny tarmac heating my feet with every step and falling down onto my head. I slowed to a jog, steading my breathing as I heard another set of feet nearby. They were heavier than mine and speeding up as they presumably ran to come closer to me.

Maybe Colby?

I thought glancing behind me to see a set of blue eyes but not the mixture of brown hair I was hoping for. A dirty blonde mess sat upon the boys head as I let out an exasperated sigh, turning my gaze round again and speeding up.

"Hey, come on! Don't run away from me" I heard him shout speeding up as well.

"Fuck off Chase!" I shouted back, not even glancing his way again.

He scoffed. "So I was thinking we could go get coffee and talk, like cival people" he ignore me, jogging up to my side and falling in step with me.

"Mhmm cause that's what you do with your ex. Who cheated on you" I snarled back.

"I just thought we should clear the air cause it's causing tension, example A being the pool party" Chase explained and I sighed coming to a swift halt.

The blonde stopped abruptly afterwards "Fine" I paused, gageing the boys expression as it lit up slightly. "But only if you promise to leave me alone" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Can't promise anything" Before I could protest he continued running shouting over his shoulder. "Thursday next week, 1 pm! You know the place!"

I huffed, taking a swig of my water before running back the other way.
Thursday was going to be hell!