Chapter 20 - Gone

Colby had been gone for a week now and I immediately felt bored without him around. He wasn't there for me to annoy, or talk to or just watch while he edited.

But the thing that annoyed me most about him going back to LA, was that he hadn't talked to me since. Colby texted me to say he landed but that's all I've heard from him; other than some excuse about him not being able to talk before disappearing. I mean I get he's busy... But it hurts. We were still together, right?

I groaned stuffing my face into the covers of my bed. I was just about ready to sleep my sorrows away when I got a phone call. My heart jumped against my ribcage and I shot up to look at my phone. I hoped it was Colby calling but as I read the caller ID, I realised my hopes were up for no reason.

"Hey Levi" I answered the phone, trying to muster the happiest tone I could.

"Hi earthworm!"

"Earthworm?"

"... It was the first thing I could come up with" he laughed

"Okay, Roadkill" I chuckled.

"You already used that one" Levi reprimanded

"And I'll keep using until you finally have a glow up" I teased back, it felt good for it to be like it was before with my brother. I needed that.

"And I'll keep using Shorty until you hit puberty" Levi bit back.

"Ouch! Anyway what was it you wanted?"

"Just to tell you my online classes have finally finished. I'll get my exam results in a few weeks then I've got a new part which I can focus on" He explained.

"And that all means.... What?" I asked, confused.

"Well.... How do you feel about coming to LA a little early.... Next Monday to be exact"

A smiled burst onto my lips and I could help the squeals and laughs passing through my lips.

"You're serious?!"

"Completely" Levi replied.

"Oh my god! Thank you!" I shouted.

"No problem, I'm just as excited as you are" he told me and I could hear his smile. "But you'll never guess who I bumped into yesterday" he moved on.

"Some other crazy famous celebrity that randomly came onto set?" I rolled my eyes.

"No that was the day before, I actually saw Colby in Tender Greens. I didn't think it was him at first but--"

I zoned out of the conversation, I couldn't help but let the smile I had gained fall from my face and have the sad feeling come back. He obviously had enough time to go out for food so what was wrong? He could have at least texted me while he was waiting for the food. Was he with other people?.... Oh god I don't wanna be this type of girlfriend but it's difficult.

"Hey, you okay, Chatterbox?" Levi cut off my thoughts, his concerned voice ringing through the phone.

"Yeah, sorry" I mumbled back.

"Did something happen? Like between you and Colby?" He asked obviously noticing I wasn't okay

"No, we're good. He's been my best friend since forever it's not gonna stop now" I let out an airy laugh.

".. Right" Levi agreed apprehensive

"Mum wants me so I'll talk to you later" I quickly stated.

"Oh okay--" I hung up before he could dig deeper.

Sorry for not being that active guys, school life and home life has been getting challenging and I've been trying to balance things but it's not really working. I also have a lack of motivation a lot so again I'm sorry.

I'll try to update more but for now here is this x AND THANKS FOR 2K READS GUYS!

Don't forget to Vote, Add and Comment, maybe even Follow me, because it really helps me to know you enjoy my writing and that you want more. Have a lovely day/night, my readers.

~Keris