Chapter 17 - Family Dinners Never End Well (Pt2)

"Right this way please" The waitress told my family.

Mum and Dad had decided to have dinner on a boat restaurant. It was a big boat, it wasn't wide but long, so we were guided down a dimly red lit ilse between the tables to get to ours.

We passed other families, some people by themselves and a few couples sharing love felt dinners. I looked particularly long at the couples, they seemed happy and that made me happy. When my attention fell back onto my own family, I noticed our guest looking at me with a small smile.

I caught Colby's gaze and his smile widened slightly. I could only think he was imagining us being on of these couples. And that I wouldn't be opposed to the idea one bit.

I knocked into his side playfully, as we arrived at our table. "Here are you're menu's and someone will be over to take you're order" She smiled at us before walking away.

Mum immediately put Lila into the high chair at the end of the booth, she wasn't young but still wasn't old enough to be on the table; according to my mum.

Colby and I sat down straight away, opposite each other and beside the window over looking the water the boat was resting on. Dad slid into the opposite side of the booth to me with Caleb on the other side of him and Mum sat down next to me.

"So what is everyone thinking?" My mum got straight to the point, like usual.

I hummed in thought, looking over the menu at the options; most of which were fish related. After a little while we decided and ordered our food and drinks. As the waiter walked off my dad spoke up,

"Apart from the occasional morning I haven't really gotten to talk with you Cole" My dad explained smiling at the young adult. David still used Colby's birth name, not that Colby minded but it was unusual to hear seeing as mostly everyone else called him Colby "How was your time here?" He asked.

"It's been amazing. I forgot how fun the L/n household can be, as well as spending time with Y/n after so long" Colby replied, smiling back.

"I remember when you two used to be inseparable" Mum laughed before a film of memory crossed her eyes. "When you were just older than a toddler you both came running into the kitchen from the garden after falling over trying to sit on the swing together. Y/n had a cut on her knee and you both acted like she was dying"

Colby laughed "Yeah that sounds like us, Y/n was always overreacting and getting us into stupid situations" He playfully glared at me.

"Hey! You're the one who convinced me to stay out in the woods by ourselves when we were 12. I almost died from pneumonia!" I defended, gently kicking his shin under the table.

"We weren't by ourselves. Sam came with us" He joked.

"Uhuh" I shook my head whilst rolling my eyes.

"Anyway, we were only in the woods right next to our houses and dad was camping a 5 minute walk away" Colby shrugged, the smirk never falling from his face.

"How is you're dad?" David asked.

"He's good, I haven't properly talked to him or mum in a few weeks with coming here and dealing with the house I haven't had the time" Colby answered.

"Oh I miss Lesa" My mum mumbled sadly.

"You can come over anytime, we have a spare bedroom seeing as my brother fully moved out" Colby explained when he heard my mum sigh.

"I'd love to but the kids and work... I can't at the moment but thank you" She nodded.

I placed a hand on her thigh and rumbed it a bit in comfort.