Chapter 19 - Leaving

I was woken up by a shuffling of a body next to me. The bed dipped and I felt an arm wrap tighter around my waist. What the...

Bursting my eyes open they darted up to the familiar pair of blue eyes I loved. Oh!

And that's when I remembered I had decided to stay in the guest bedroom with Colby, to sleep until later in the morning.

"You alright?" he asked with a laugh.

"Urr yeah..." I replied sheepishly before leaning back down.

"Urrr okay.." he mocked with a bright smile before shuffling closer and wrapping his arm around my waist again. I sighed as Colby stuffed his head into the crook of my neck.

I wanted to stay like this forever, but he was leaving today.

HE WAS LEAVING TODAY!

"Colby what time is it?" I asked in a rushed tone.

"I don know" He mumbled making no effort to check.

I groaned internally before not so gently rolling him off me and picking up his phone from the bedside table. I clicked it on as a voice and a hand shot forward. "No--"

The screen lit on and there was a picture of me as the lock screen, I had all the shaving cream on me from the prank Colby played. I glared playfully at him "I'm going to get you back for that you know" I told him before pecking his lips and looking back to the phone.
"Shit! Colby get up!" I shouted realising we only have an hour before we had to go.

I threw the covers off me before jumping up and turning back round to him.

Colby groaned quietly getting up himself. "Get changed and bring your bags to the stairs, I'll help carry them down" I told him before grabbing the hoodie he gave me and walking to the door.

"Where are you going? Help me please" He whined.

"I have to get ready to go and I don't want my mum finding me in here with you" I laughed before leaving the room and creeping back into my own.

I sighed closing the trap door before flopping down onto my bed with a huff. Colby was leaving and I probably won't see him again for another 6 months, depending on how quickly my brother gets his act together. I didn't want him to go we've only just started this whole dating thing and now we're going to be thrust into a long distance relationship with time differences and life differences ughhhh.

Why can't it just stay summer forever?

I stopped my complaining and got up again, walking to my closet before opening the wooden doors.

I wanted to wear something comfortable before we left but I also wanted to look good so we could take a final photo together before he leaves.

Rifling through the clothes I stopped on a black off shoulder sweater and dark grey jeans. I quickly put them on before brushing my hair into a ponytail (if you can) and heading back down.

I was just in time to see Colby walk out the spare room door with two suitcases.

"I don't want you to go" I whined walking over to him with a pout stuck on my face.

He smiled at my expression before opening his arms too hug me. "I have to" he replied. I grumbled falling into his arms.

"You guys ready!" My mum shouted up and we broke apart.

"Coming!" I shouted back down before grabbing one of his bags.

Soon we, consisting of myself, Colby and my mum, were in the car listening to music and talking. I tried to keep a smile on my face but I would be lying if I said that the sinking feeling in my stomach didn't grow as time passed by.