Chapter 6

"Hey momma" I said skipping into the kitchen.

"Hey baby, why are you so happy today?" she asked suspiciously and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm my normal self" I shrugged sitting down across from her next to Dylan who hasn't talked to me since I came home from Tyler's last night. My mom raised her eyebrow at me and looked between Dylan and I. She knew he came to get me at Tyler's and that I refused to come and she thinks that was a dumb idea on Dylan's part. "But what I really came down here for was to ask you a question"

"And that would be?" my mom asked putting her full attention on me.

"Would you be upset if I moved out?" I asked and Dylan snapped his head up to look at me.

"Well I would be upset, and would miss you, but you're old enough and I think you could handle it if you had a roommate" my mom said and I smiled.

"Good because Amber and I already signed the papers for a two bedroom apartment about ten minutes from here" I smiled and Dylan got up from the table and walked out. "What's his problem?" I asked as I heard the front door slam shut. My mom shrugged.

"I don't know ever since you started hanging out with Tyler" she said "Is Tyler going to help you pack?"

"Not today he had something to do" I shrugged getting up from the table. "Do we have boxes?" I asked and my mom nodded and gestured to the closet at the bottom of the stairs. I walked over and grabbed a few boxes and went to my room to start packing.

---

"Macy come with me" Dylan said barging into my room. He grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked and Dylan didn't say anything. I asked again but he continued to ignore me. After about a five minute drive we were in the part of town considered the city. Dylan parked the car and got out and started walking, he stopped in front of a cafe and rested against the window. I was confused and I stood in front of him just watching him.

He looked around for a little bit and I was still confused and knew he wouldn't answer if I asked. I looked past him into the cafe as I saw someone familiar move. I held the tears back as I watched Tyler wrap his arms around another girl and kiss her on the cheek. I now knew this is why Dylan brought me here.

"Can we go home?" I asked up quietly looking down at the ground and kicking my feet.

Dylan nodded and headed back to the car as I followed. I let the tears fall as I stepped out of the car and walked into the house. I slammed the door not bothering to see if Dylan was there or not, and walked up to my room. I picked up the clothes that were on the end of my bed which were Tyler's and threw them across the room. I crawled under the covers and didn't try to stop the tears. I figured I would just go to sleep now, maybe forget somethings for a while. I really thought Tyler was different than that, and actually cared, but obviously I was wrong.

---

The past three days have been rough. Tyler has called a million times and texted me more, but I've ignored everything. I knew it was a matter of time before he comes over to see what's wrong, and that's what happened today.

I heard a knock on my door as I finished packing one of my last few boxes.

"Come in" I yelled pushing the box to the side. I turned around as the door closed and saw it was Tyler. I rolled my eyes and sat on my bed as he stayed by the door with his hands shoved in his pocket.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked not moving from his spot. I nodded and he sighed. "Do you want to fill me in? So we can fix this?"

"You should know what you did" I said and he looked up as he thought.

"I don't know what I did" he said And I sighed.

"The other day at the cafe, Dylan took me there obviously to show me what you were doing since you were too busy to help me pack and I saw you kiss another girl on the cheek" I shrugged and Tyler groaned.

"Macy" he said rubbing his temples as he joined me on the bed. "That wasn't what it looked like"

"Then what was it?" I asked biting my nails.

"That was my sister" he said grabbing my hands from my mouth and holding them in his own. "I wouldn't do that to you. Dylan knew that was my sister too, they've met before." Tyler said.

"He did that on purpose then. To break us up since he doesn't like us together" I said getting up and walking towards my door.

"Where are you going?" Tyler asked standing from my bed to follow me.

"Im going to go kick Dylan's ass" I said opening my door and barging into his room across the hall as Tyler followed.

"Whats he doing here? Is he hurting you?" Dylan asked standing up and glaring at Tyler.

"No, you're hurting me Dylan" I said and Dylan furrowed his eyebrows. "You knew that was Tyler's sister and you took me there because it looked like they were on a date" I said tears welling up in my eyes.

"Macy-" Dylan started but I cut him off.

"No Dylan. Just shut the fuck up for once, you need to mind your own damn business okay? Stay out of my life, you don't need to protect me, I'm twenty one I can protect myself. And I especially don't need protection from Tyler, and if anyone tries to hurt me while I'm with Tyler he will take care of it. I don't need you Dylan, yeah I love you you're my twin, but I'm tired of you messing things up for me" I said wiping the tears from my eyes. I turned around and walked out of Dylan's room and into mine.

I looked around at all the boxes, and noticed that if Tyler helped me, we could probably move my things into my new place. Amber and I can move in anytime we want, we just both need to finish packing. I think now would be a good time to move in and settle down.

I sat on the edge of my bed and put my head in my hands as my elbows rested on my knees. The bed dipped down next to me and a hand started rubbing my back soothingly. I looked up at Tyler and he cupped my face in his hands. He used his thumbs to wipe the few tears running down my face. He gently pressed his lips to mine for a brief second before pulling away.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I shrugged pulling away.

"Not really, but I'm happy I got that off my chest" I sighed sitting down next to a box. "Can you help me pack the rest of my things?" I asked and Tyler nodded getting up from the bed and joining me on the floor.

"When can you move in?" he asked.

"Once I'm done packing, and I really want to just leave already" I said and Tyler nodded.

"Well once we're done here, since you're almost done, I'll help you take some boxes over tonight, and then I'll take you out to dinner. How about that?" Tyler smiled down at me.

"That sounds great" I smiled "I'll probably just sleep at the apartment tonight and then get the rest of the boxes tomorrow since all of these won't fit into your car." I said and Tyler nodded.

"I'll help you with the boxes tomorrow too" he smiled and I leaned up and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"You're honestly the best" I said still smiling.

"I try" Tyler chuckled as I giggled, shaking my head at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm on a roll this weekend, second update! But yeah that's an awkward ending but who cares? I don't but I'm going to my last homecoming tonight 😭 it's going to be fun though!